Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2007, 07:11 AM   #316
Champ2244
Champ2244 began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket eBook
reply to JEMelby's comments below - International marketplace

You talk about living anywhere other than the US as somewhat of a bad thing. I actually think you may have a large advantage over the US. More and more people are staring to realize that you can get a US address and use a parcel forwarding company like www.bongous.com to consolidate multiple items into one international package. What does this do for you?...

Well, it does a few things. For one, it allows you to get all the newest and coolest technology in the US at dirt cheap prices (especially with how poor the dollar is doing now). Companies like this will consolidate 5, 10, 20, 100 items into one box so the actual cost per item is extremely low.

Look at it this way...if everyone in the UK were paying retail prices...you should be able to get the same product in the US for 1/2 the price in most cases. Consolidate it with multiple other purchases...and your actual shipping cost (plus taxes) may only result in another 10% of your costs. Therefore, effectively, you just bought that US item at a 40% discount over what you would have paid in your home country. Good stuff if you ask me! There are no borders any more.
Champ2244 is offline   Reply With Quote