Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Book Delete function - Cool

I just wanted to give special kudos to Sony for the new "Delete Book" option for the 505. I'm not in trouble with memory or anything. (Lots of books and still 70MB+ free.) when I finish a book I simply delete it right away. And, I simply load any new books of interest onto my Reader. This simplifies the pc connection process, as I don't have to search and delete books I've read. This lets my Reader serve as a collection of my current "to-read" list--I simply select any book on it and off I go. No more hassle getting rid of stuff I've read when I connect to the pc. I just keep adding new books, which is easy.

This may not seem like a huge thing, but it makes my usage of the Reader a lot cleaner and easier. I'm really glad Sony added this feature,
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
I agree
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Every little bit counts
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And it works with collections too. Well done Sony.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
This is a feature I've wanted on my Hanlin V3. It would make sense to have this feature standard on any reader device. Good work, Sony!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
I just wanted to give special kudos to Sony for the new "Delete Book" option for the 505.
Okay, I'm lame. How do you delete books? When I hold down the Mark button it takes me to bookmarks. If I hold down the menu it brings me back to the main menu. If it hold down the magnification button it rotates the screen. If I hold the middle button down nothing happens.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Open the book you want to delete, then go to Menu, then Utilities, then select 3. Then Select the mark button.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantw View Post
Okay, I'm lame. How do you delete books? When I hold down the Mark button it takes me to bookmarks. If I hold down the menu it brings me back to the main menu. If it hold down the magnification button it rotates the screen. If I hold the middle button down nothing happens.
Get to the menu for the book (ie while reading the book hit the "Menu" key)
Select Utilities
Select Delete Book

You need to have the firmware update for this.

--
Enjoy
-jim
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Get to the menu for the book (ie while reading the book hit the "Menu" key)
Select Utilities
Select Delete Book

You need to have the firmware update for this.

--
Enjoy
-jim
AHHHHH! Thank you, Jim and Madam Broshkina.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote