Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #736
Treefingers
Treefingers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
There should be different keyboard layouts for different languages, and even better if you could choose what keyboard layout you want (have a "German quertz" layout but English menu language, for example).
The keyboard doesn't take up that much room. I'd happily sacrifice some screen space for another row of keys for common "special" characters like the most common umlauts and accents, and maybe Ç, Ñ and Ø.
Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #737
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
On the home screen, provide an option to show % read only for the most recent book.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #738
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sorry if I'm repeating what was previously posted (though I'm adding to the choir, if any exists).

It's important to have a way of highlighting across multiple pages (without the font diminishing trick).

This is essential to someone doing research work.
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #739
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Blast from the past time: how about implementing nested <navPoint> support for logical TOC.NCX navigation, even in sideloaded EPUBs?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #740
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Unlikely to happen as long as sideloaded epubs use RMSDK. However, since there's indications that ACCESS is going to get Adobe DRM capabilities at some point, ending the double renderer situation, who knows?
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #741
evgeniy
evgeniy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Aura HD
1) zoom for images in books.
Most images optimized for old 800x600 screens,
zoom by click and default zoom (1.5...2x) in settings.

2) small top and bottom margins
3) complete filling of the page text, especially the bottom of the page
4) go to any place in the book by page number or % of text.
evgeniy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #742
FencepostErr1r
Enthusiast
FencepostErr1r began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'd like to have the ability to lock the device from prying eyes!
A simple lock screen with a password prompt would do.
As a bonus, it'd be awesome to have the filesystem inaccessible through USB while the device is locked.

My argument to support these features: Just think of the children!

-FencepostErr1r
FencepostErr1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #743
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Feature request concerning support of kepub Japanese books and selection of words

In roman letter books selecting a word with immediate translation is working very nicely and quickly. Unfortunately, the same does not hold for Japanese books:
* selection is slow and error prone
* words are not automatically selected, not even in a simple way like selecting the biggest group of characters of the same type (hiragana, katakana, kanji)
* for translation one has to tap the dictionary icon in the lower tools bar
* (furthermore, please let us install Japanese-English dictionary!!!)
It would be great to get improvement in this area, as this is where the Kobo is far behind the Kindle. In all other respects I do rely mostly on the Glo when reading. Only for Japanese books I switch to PW.

Thanks

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #744
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'm beginning to think that there may be a market for a case with a lock, like those little diaries we had as kids...
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #745
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I'm beginning to think that there may be a market for a case with a lock, like those little diaries we had as kids...
EEK! Why? I have two ereaders with covers but much prefer the naked ones.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #746
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
EEK! Why? I have two ereaders with covers but much prefer the naked ones.

Helen
Cos of the people who want a PIN lock on their device! (Not me, but I do always use an ordinary cover - the glass is very breakable.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #747
mengo
mengo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
1. ability to follow footnotes and endnotes, i.e. hyperlinks (also for less linear EPUBs).
2. go-to-page.
3. if not adjustable margin options, margin-cut would be nice for books in the native Kobo format.

this and fixing the wifi connectivity problems and integration of shelves in the books category

Last edited by mengo; 07-28-2013 at 12:19 PM.
mengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #748
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Forgive me if this has been asked for before...

Can marking a book as read from the long-push menu in the books list PLEASE add to the "finished book count" on the main page? As it stands now, you have to actually scroll through to the final page of a book and have it return to the main page to have it register in your total finished book count. This is a pill.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #749
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Can marking a book as read from the long-push menu in the books list PLEASE add to the "finished book count" on the main page? As it stands now, you have to actually scroll through to the final page of a book and have it return to the main page to have it register in your total finished book count. This is a pill.
I actually like how it works now; it's good for when I put books I've already read on my device. (Which I do because I want to be able to pull up passages to show to friends, or just reread 'em.) Having those count as books I've read would artificially inflate my count.

What I'd like to see come back is the "menu" graphic at the right of each book's entry in the standard "library" view. I mean, long-press works, but the menu image is more intuitive.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #750
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I actually like how it works now; it's good for when I put books I've already read on my device. (Which I do because I want to be able to pull up passages to show to friends, or just reread 'em.) Having those count as books I've read would artificially inflate my count.

What I'd like to see come back is the "menu" graphic at the right of each book's entry in the standard "library" view. I mean, long-press works, but the menu image is more intuitive.
That's understandable; my problem is that if I have to do a factory reset, it means I have to go back into each and every book and scroll through to the last page of each book I've read in order for them to be marked as read, rather than just being able to do so as a long press. It's REALLY time consuming.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo