Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
Highlighting

Hi,
I just took notice of Story and I was wondering whether it may support highlighting of text or at least putting a mark directly into a text file. From what I've read so far it does not appear to be able to do anything like that.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

PH
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Nope, it can't be done.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
kafkaesque1978
kafkaesque1978 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story + Prs 600
No highlighting. You can bookmark pages in pdf and epub (turns down the corner). And you can access a list of bookmarks from the menu.

What I do is make a memo and just note the page number etc that I'm interested in. You can even export memos to txt.

Not a bad option.
kafkaesque1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
Thx

Thank you both very much for your replies.
Unfortunately for me, my workflow requires some form of direct text marking so I am out of luck with this beautiful-looking device. Oh well...

Best regards,

PH
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote