Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
An allusion to me

Hey all!

Just wanted to say thank you to mobileread and the community, it was a great help and influence on my decision to purchase my first ebook device. In this case a second hand PRS-505, which I find incredible. I had limited funds and had been debating various alternatives (including a used 500) but after reading various pros/cons that I hadn't thought of simply thru browsing and reading reviews I went with the 505. Also about a half hour afterwards, and again thanks to this forum, I went to a local Target and picked up the PSP charger.

My interest in a ebook reader was for older public domain titles and newer free to download content. Primarily texts and studies from the von Mises institute, Libertarianism and similar information such as Objectivism. These are interests of mine, and I wouldn't wish to force my views on anyone so just know I am only listing it as a introduction to who I am and not for debate purposes.

As with others I have read alot of the classics as well as classic SF and Fantasy. Among my favorates are authors like HP Lovecraft, Fritz Leiber, Marion Zimmer Bradley and Mercedes Lackey (her earlier works, before they IMO became book of the month cookie cutter versions). The late Adams, Douglas Adams. And Neil Gaiman.

That is all, and thank you for reading - MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, mjh215!

I'm glad you found the information here helpful in making a choice you're happy with.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Hey all!

My interest in a ebook reader was for older public domain titles - MJ
And, of course, you're aware of the INCREDIBLE library of public domain works right here on MobileRead?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi mjh215 and welcome to the Forum. I've got a Sony 505 as well and like it a lot. And I got it at 40% off as it was a window display at the local Sony Store. Am also a big Douglas Adams fan. In fact, if I were the head of Sony the reader would be called the PRS-42!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Nat, thank you

Drib, well aware, alot of wonderful choices and equally wonderful people that invested their time in scanning/converting/et al. But thank you as well for pointing it out.

Cassidy, heh, by any chance does your cover have a certain phrase spelled out in large friendly letters on it? It is a bit cliche, but I am still tempted.

Actually, for an Earth edition of the guide, would we just have PANIC written in large friendly letters?

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi MJ. Don't have Don't Panic or even Panic (I agree with you on that) on my cover. But I do keep a towel nearby.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
hi.if you like lovecraft,you should read "The King in yellow" by Robert W. Chambers and the weird,cosmical stories of Clark Ashton Smith.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote