Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2023, 03:40 PM   #1
Peppermint
Peppermint began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app via Samsung Tablet
Kindle app - uploaded epub books missing covers

Hi, I uploaded a few epub files to the Amazon's Send to Kindle website, I'm using the Kindle app on a Samsung tablet. Once the files are downloaded in the app, all the book's cover shows up when viewing the entire library.

But for some of the books, if I open it up then go back to the Library the book cover doesn't show up. (I've added a file to show what it looks like in the Kindle app - Kindle Help [the 1st one].)

Then there are other books, that will show the cover (normally) when going back to the Library. (I've added a file to show what it looks like in the Kindle app - Kindle Help2 [the 2nd one].)

I've tried:

1. Converting the epub file to mobi then added that file to Calibre.

2. Open Edit metadata then I add the mobi-asin from Amazon in the "Ids" section & used the Amazon's book cover and "OK" it.

3. I converted the file from mobi to back to epub then used Quality Check plugin > Fix > Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire.

4. In Preferences > Conversion > Output Options, I made sure the MOBI output "Enable sharing of book content...." is checked.

5. I use Edit Book, I find the blank sheet with the name of the book, remove it and, save the file. I delete the previous epub file in the Library and upload the new one.

After that, I removed the previous epub file, and uploaded the new epub file on the Sent to Kindle website, download it in the Kindle app, open the book and go back to the Library, it's still the same.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Help.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	201484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Help2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	201485  
Peppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:42 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use a native epub app such as Lithium or Pocketbook for epubs on a tablet or a phone.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert