Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
I wanted to try the google music app too. sad :/
but we'll find another. right now the stock one accessed from the status bar while reading works okay for me.

with the no refresh, it really depends on the apps. I get what you describe now and then either. But if you use it with Bar Shortcuts it works like a charm. At least for me. Is your firmware 1.0.04.12210?
I use fbreader with colordict, tried droid fish chess, the choice games... a lot of the apps from the wiki actually. total commander is not very reliable with it, but it already supports partial refresh out of the box, so it's not a big dealbreaker.
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #17
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
I rooted with rupors's AMR, installed the APP2SD package too but was having problems of the sort that my device would sometimes, while working in different applications, become very slow. You have to wait 30 seconds for a tap to respond. I uninstalled many apps but did not resolve the issue. I'm now starting afresh.

I have a question: Is is possible to exclude the modifications to the media scanner in the package? I really like the possibility of taking annotations and the removal of the ridiculous 200 char limit but every now and then, especially while using calibre my database gets wiped out and refreshed marking all my books as "new" and obviously all annotations and even the point where I was reading are lost. Is there a way to install all except this package?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that news files from calibre are in two categories, news and the name of the news feed e.g. BBC.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by entodoays View Post
I have a question: Is is possible to exclude the modifications to the media scanner in the package? I really like the possibility of taking annotations and the removal of the ridiculous 200 char limit but every now and then, especially while using calibre my database gets wiped out and refreshed marking all my books as "new" and obviously all annotations and even the point where I was reading are lost. Is there a way to install all except this package?
Sort answer: sorry, no. I spent quite a bit of time developing AMR so it completely satisfies requirements I had and at the moment there are no features I could justify spending my time on.

There are no modifications in media scanner I am aware of which are incompatible with the original media scanner code. Only obvious bugs are fixed - some of the fixes I've borrowed from the Russian firmware (which is fresher than US one). So I have no idea why you database get whipped out - I do not think there is code in AMR to do so.

I do not use Calibre at all - it is a bit too big and I have some distaste for the software which does everything for everybody...

This is not to say that AMR does not have bugs - I am sure there are a lot of them but the only "real" problem in current AMR I know of is related to how USB disconnect is being handled - you could see reports in this forum under "enormous battery drain" (or something similar). The same problem exists in the original firmware and at the moment I do not know how to address it.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

I am having a problem with my PRS-T1, occasionally but quite frequently, the unit becomes unresponsive. If I wait for 2 or 3 minutes sometimes it becomes responsive again.
I tried the restore set, the SD recovery (both Porkupan's and Uboot's) and the problem persists.
It happens mostly when I'm reading, click on word to see it's dictionary definition and change the dictionary. The moment I choose the dictionary it stay there for a minute or two.
Sometimes it does the same in the browser. While loading a page it would stop midway, then the browser closes and sometimes the unit becomes unresponsive.
I reinstalled the AMR at the moment but the problem is still there.
Don't know what to do. Please help.
P.S. AMR includes Total Commander 1.0.2 which is expired. I had to download through the browser the latest version and install it before I could access the files. Maybe an update could be envisaged.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
entodoays
Zealot

Please help. My Reader is barely usable this way and don't know how to troubleshoot.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #21
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
I am sorry. There is not enough information to offer a guess. Standard advice is to get back to a pristine state or to restore from working backup. You are claiming that it does not work - but in all my experience it works. All the time - every time. If it does not for you - it means that you forgot to restore something, missed a step. This is actually why I created full backup/restore procedure.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amr, prs-t1, root, rupor