Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Different libraries for different NookColors?

My friend and I have NookColors on the same account.

Can I make separate libraries in Calibre--one for my sideloaded books, one for hers, and a third library that contains books we both want on our NCs? And maybe a fourth one for books neither wants on our NCs right now, but may in the future?

How do I switch between libraries?

Thanks for the help!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
My friend and I have NookColors on the same account.

Can I make separate libraries in Calibre--one for my sideloaded books, one for hers, and a third library that contains books we both want on our NCs? And maybe a fourth one for books neither wants on our NCs right now, but may in the future?

How do I switch between libraries?

Thanks for the help!
Right click the Library Icon in the Toolbar:
Create/Switch Makes a New Library or cause Calibr to Use a previously unknown (Calibre) Library

(Once a Library has been used, It will appear on the Quick Switch portion of the Menu)
Example: My backup Lib is on a Blue Flash drive. The Library is Named BluLib

It is easy to switch between the MainLib and BluLib
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question How do I get a missing library back into Calibre?

Thanks for the help! I was able to set up the multiple libraries, move books into them, and add/delete books from my NookColor.

However, at some point, when I had my NC connected, Calibre deleted one of my new libraries. It's not lost--it's still in the right folder on my Mac--but how do I get it back into Calibre?

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I was able to set up the multiple libraries, move books into them, and add/delete books from my NookColor.

However, at some point, when I had my NC connected, Calibre deleted one of my new libraries. It's not lost--it's still in the right folder on my Mac--but how do I get it back into Calibre?

Thanks!
Create/Switch: Point to the existing (missing) Library.
Calibre will detect The Metadata.db and know it is a real Library
Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe

Question How do I keep from overwriting my other libraries?

When I choose Create/Switch, I don't see the missing library's name. I see the following three choices. Which one do I choose?

Use the previously existing library at the new location
Create an empty library at the new location
Move current library to new location

Thanks so much for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Create/Switch: Point to the existing (missing) Library.
Calibre will detect The Metadata.db and know it is a real Library
Old 03-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
When I choose Create/Switch, I don't see the missing library's name. I see the following three choices. Which one do I choose?

Use the previously existing library at the new location
Create an empty library at the new location
Move current library to new location

Thanks so much for your help!
Use #1 if you have one HAVE the Library
Use #2 If you are making a New one (and / or prior to copying book from the Old Library to the New one)

#3 is only used if you no longer like where this one IS.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe

Smile Thanks--all my libraries show up now!

I figured out that yesterday I must have accidentally chosen Remove Library when I just wanted to switch between them.

Thanks for all your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use #1 if you have one HAVE the Library
Use #2 If you are making a New one (and / or prior to copying book from the Old Library to the New one)

#3 is only used if you no longer like where this one IS.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I have read through the rest of the thread and I can see you have it working. But, you might want to do it a different way.

As you are sharing books, you can use one library and mark them in some way as to which device they are on. The simplest way is to add a tag for each of you. All the books you want would have "Dandelion" and your friend would use another tag.

Another way is to use the Reading List plugin. With this, you each create a list that have your books (books can be on more than one list). Then you use the lists to put your books on your device. This can be done manually, or the list can be configured so the plugin does it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe

These both sound like great solutions!

Thanks! Both of these methods sound really useful for organizing books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have read through the rest of the thread and I can see you have it working. But, you might want to do it a different way.

As you are sharing books, you can use one library and mark them in some way as to which device they are on. The simplest way is to add a tag for each of you. All the books you want would have "Dandelion" and your friend would use another tag.

Another way is to use the Reading List plugin. With this, you each create a list that have your books (books can be on more than one list). Then you use the lists to put your books on your device. This can be done manually, or the list can be configured so the plugin does it.

Tags
calibre, multiple libraries, nookcolor, sideloading