Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #211
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Is this a Kobo-purchased kepub or a kepub from my plugin?
This is a generated epub from your plugin. But I doubt if it's a bug in your plugin as it also happens with the plugin Hyphenate This! from SauliusP.
That only hyphenates a epub and which I afterwards renamed to kepub.epub.

No matter how you change the default text alignment settings in the epub (body {text-align:justify;}) or on the device itself, the text alignment stays left.
I think is a rendering bug in de rendering engine used by Kepubs.
The epubs are correctly displayed when RMSDK (Adobe Reader Mobile) is used.
IMO no plugin bug of Kobo Touch Extended or Hypenate This!

Last edited by Anak; 04-23-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #212
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
So I suspect that this is actually a "bug" caused by doing things which aren't officially supported and which we have little hope of actually addressing properly. So far as I can determine, Kobo-generated kepubs do not contain soft hyphens and instead use a built-in hyphenation dictionary. I only added hyphenation support because I've never actually seen a hyphenated kepub and most of my books look better with hyphenation. I also don't use centre justification (my settings have it set to "left"). I would say that it's going to be a personal choice, if justification is important then don't hyphenate, or hyphenate and force left justification if hyphenation is more important.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #213
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
@jgoguen. Indeed, Kobo uses a build-in hyphenation dictonary that automatically does hypenate words. But Kobo does not supply or use these dictionaries for all languages.
Is it to much to ask to support all the languages that are mentioned in the UI language settings menu?
And this is just one reason why people hack their devices.

Whether a book is manually hyphenated or not it should not have any impact on the text alignment settings. So it's a bug. A bug they probably will not fix as it is not a supported feature.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #214
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
And considering that a Kobo developer explicitly said that they recommend we not access the kepub reader at all
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #215
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
If you open Adobe Digital Edition and connect your reader to the computer it will be recognized by ADE. There is an option to reauthorize your reader. After that your DRM protected books will open.
Where does one find that option to reauthorize? (I'm now having this problem with two Kobo Touch readers).

(I'm in Adobe 1.7.2.1131).
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #216
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
One little addition: you no longer have to put http:\\ in front of web addresses in the browser. You can just put the www. address and it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I just recieved the update via wifi on my Glo, and I can confirm that the lowest light level is just a bit dimmer than it used to be. I also noticed that the light won't come on if the brightness slider is set to the minimum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Yay for the numbers being back in the sudoku's bottom bar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramon77 View Post
have you noticed if it's now possible to augment upper and lower margins? In many ebooks the text start too close to the bezel and i have to modify the CSS property in Calibre.
Ooooh fun, I love all the new additions mentioned above. Especially the adjustable top and bottom margins! How come only one person mentioned it? And, I wonder how the lower light level affects the Glo's with the yellow tinted LEDs?

I haven't updated to 2.5 yet, and am not sure if I should. I haven't been reading lately and if I do find time to I might have to force myself to actually read instead of mess around with new updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Where does one find that option to reauthorize? (I'm now having this problem with two Kobo Touch readers).

(I'm in Adobe 1.7.2.1131).
I wouldn't recommend you do that. Every time you re-authorise you use up one of your slots of six devices that you are allowed to authorise. Even if you're re-authorising a device you've previously authorised. Try removing the external SD card and restarting and the things others have mentioned about this issue, before resorting to messing around with re-authorisation.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #217
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
*Waves* Welcome back!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #218
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
*Waves* Welcome back!
yeah, wondering what you've been up to!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #219
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
*Waves* Welcome back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
yeah, wondering what you've been up to!
Thanks girls! Sorry, I was offered a job so BAM I'm working full time. Haven't yet learnt how to plan my free time... I'm here just briefly today, and no promises for the near future, but, I will be trying to visit more often
Old 04-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #220
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Thanks girls! Sorry, I was offered a job so BAM I'm working full time. Haven't yet learnt how to plan my free time... I'm here just briefly today, and no promises for the near future, but, I will be trying to visit more often
hey, congratulations on your brand new job!!!

EDIT: perhaps you need to buy yourself an Aura to celebrate

Last edited by paola; 04-28-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #221
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
hey, congratulations on your brand new job!!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
EDIT: perhaps you need to buy yourself an Aura to celebrate
Hahaha no no no no no! NO!

Nah, I don't really see the perks. My Glo has everything I need. Bigger and sharper? Nah, Glo is big and sharp enough. I don't really get why they released the Aura. But then, I haven't really looked into it nor read any of the threads about it and I think it might be better if I don't
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #222
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Nah, I don't really see the perks. My Glo has everything I need. Bigger and sharper? Nah, Glo is big and sharp enough. I don't really get why they released the Aura. But then, I haven't really looked into it nor read any of the threads about it and I think it might be better if I don't
if you don't want to risk succumbing to sirens' calling, don't look, not here, not in the Aura thread in the "news" forum: it is making victims all over, including kindle users (!), and some stores have already run out of stocks (e.g. from WHSmith you can only get it in black now), so it looks like the Aura flu epidemic is highly contagious!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #223
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
if you don't want to risk succumbing to sirens' calling, don't look, not here, not in the Aura thread in the "news" forum: it is making victims all over, including kindle users (!), and some stores have already run out of stocks (e.g. from WHSmith you can only get it in black now), so it looks like the Aura flu epidemic is highly contagious!
Ooooh! Thanks for the warning! I will definitely run away now then.

Glad to see Kobo's winning over some Kindle people though
Old 04-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #224
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Glad to see Kobo's winning over some Kindle people though
But remember that also means we can expect to see comments like "My Kindle does not do that...." or "Kobo SUX because of how it does X, Y, Z".
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #225
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
But remember that also means we can expect to see comments like "My Kindle does not do that...." or "Kobo SUX because of how it does X, Y, Z".
Mmmm true. But, we've all been trained to thicken our skins lately, so we'll live