Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Now what's wrong with CONNCT..can buy books

I already purchased six books a while ago at the CONNECT site after registering my Reader.

Now when I go back to that site and pick some books I want to buy, There is no tab or button anywhere on the screen to buy the thing. What am I missing?

At the CONNECT opening page, there is no place to log on, so that may be the problem. How can I fix that? The site I am going to is http://ebooks.connect.com/. I can search and find a book I want, but no way to buy it. I do have my Reader connected.

As good as Sony products are, they have the most exasperating support and websites I've ever seen.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I don't think Sony allows you to buy through their web site. You need to use the connect software to purchase.

It would be nice to buy directly from the web site...
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumbo
I don't think Sony allows you to buy through their web site. You need to use the connect software to purchase.

It would be nice to buy directly from the web site...
Oh, for cryin' out loud, stupid me! Having only done that once (to get my $50 credit), completely forgot. As I bookmarked the site, just seemed logical to go there and buy it.

As you CAN find books, agree it would be nice if you could get 'em there too.

Anyway, thanks flumbo for the quick response.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote