Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #376
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebod View Post
Want an ebook reader app that syncs your progress in cloud and across your android devices? I wanted something like this for months and finally found it! It is called Fabrik and it is fantastic. You put your ebooks in dropbox, then connect the app to dropbox and you're done. I've been using it for a few weeks and have no complaints. I can recommend to everyone who can't use services meant for americans.

There are two versions. Free and Pro (pro is ~$3). Free shows adds (after a few days of use) in the menus but not while you read. The app is new and not as customizeable as many other readers, but the dev is active and adds stuff regularly.

Here is the link to the free version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ljZXJlYWRlciJd
I was about to post the same thing I was looking down the list on the front page and noticed Fabrik wasn't there, I personally prefer Mantano reader but Fabrik is pretty good and deserves more of a mention than a lot of the readers there it would be my second choice out of all of them.

The real strength of it is being able to sync from either dropbox or google drive.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #377
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
If the list is still being updated, someone might want to add Komik to the comic reader section. I use it alongside the paid version of ComicRack and both are excellent readers.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #378
Max.k
Max.k began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've discovered PocketBook reader recently https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....obreey.reader.
It is a good alternative to Aldiko,Montano and Coolreader. It supports PDF,EPUB,FB2,TXT,DjVu formats and it also supports Adobe DRM.
Max.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #379
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
Hi guys,

I had an Sony Reader PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kobo Glo and tested Kindles 1 and 2.

But chose Samsung Note 10.1 because I have a lot of PDFs and wanted a larger screen with a pen, I did not like even an eight inches screen withe better resolution.

I want an app that can read PDF and EPUB, be possible to highlight and export it to a file. Another thing is the possibility to use my Spen to draw and export.

I am still on my quest and wanted to share some thoughts and exchange experiences.

This past week I tested over 60 apps, almost all of "Google Play".

Well,
I found some interesting apps:

FREE :

-Laban PDF Reader:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...labanpdfreader
You only can:
1- select the text and do line through or copy to the clipboard;
2- Change the view: landscape or portrait;
3- One linking option that I didn't figure it out;
4- Search for a word;
5- Choose the page.
This one is very fast and smooth but lacks a lot of features.

-Laban Book Reader:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...abanbookreader
It is a nice app that opens .epub, .prc, .mobi.
I did not explored because I could not figure out how to change to english.

-EbookDroid is very nice, fast.
Can highlight, draw but only exports a png as epub.

-PocketBook Reader:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....obreey.reader
Beautiful layout, one of the best.
Exports to xhtml with the highlighted used (4 options).
I miss is the draw function and another dictionary because it only work with the paid Abby, if it had those options, it would be a no-brainer.

The paid ones:

-Mantano:
I could not test the highlight and how it exports.

-Aldiko:
It has a nice layout, is fast, but it was not possible to test the highlight and how it exports.

-Moon+ Reader:
I liked it but it should have a trial version, I do not know how it works with PDF and how is the draw and export features.

-The EzPDF Reader:
Very nice, has the draw function but only exports as a .xfdf file. But only works with Pdf as expected.

Since I did not buy a paid app, my two choices are EbookDroid and PocketBook Reader.

Can someone indicate some review or video showing the highlight and export features of the paid ones?

Thanks.
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #380
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
It's all about the metadata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
If the list is still being updated, someone might want to add Komik to the comic reader section. I use it alongside the paid version of ComicRack and both are excellent readers.
The one plus ComicRack has going for it over all the other Android readers is support comic book metadata embedded in the cbr/cbz file. ComicRack lets you sort by artist, writer, publisher, series or any other metadata grouping you can think of.

You can add metadata to your comics using the excellent ComicTagger app:

https://code.google.com/p/comictagger/
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #381
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I downloaded and tried FBReader, EBook Reader, Aldiko, Moon+ Reader, and Cool Reader. All of them were good, but Cool Reader is far and away the best for my purposes, which is reading books on my tablet that are stored on an SD card. It is the most customizable and the easiest to download.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #382
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I downloaded and tried FBReader, EBook Reader, Aldiko, Moon+ Reader, and Cool Reader. All of them were good, but Cool Reader is far and away the best for my purposes, which is reading books on my tablet that are stored on an SD card. It is the most customizable and the easiest to download.
Did you try PocketBook reader or Ebook droid? They are very nice and free.
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #383
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the heads up. PocketBook is really nice. Ebookdroid is in line with the others I have tried.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #384
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I guess my needs are not that great for the ebook readers, I just use the kindle app, and the google play book app a long with calibre and the calibre companion app.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #385
benham
Guru

I read all the Kindle books on my Kindle app and all the Sony books on the Sony app. Not real impressed with the Kobo app and have been spoiled by the ereader software on my Palm. Once Sony folds, I will be reading any non-Kindle books on one of the a fore mentioned ereader apps.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #386
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Hebrew ebook readers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelra View Post
I wonder if it supports ePubs in RTL languages such as Hebrew and Arabic.
Unfortunately, Aldiko and FBreader doesn't support it properly so there is not even single decent reader I can use to read my ePubs on Android.
go to http://www.toratemetfreeware.com/ind...?downloads;10; for a list of Hebrew supporting ebook reader apps.
(it's all in Hebrew. scroll to the end on a regular browser. you won't see the end on a kindle browser.)

Last edited by user743; 04-09-2014 at 10:51 AM.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #387
Ankhi_sena_mun
Ankhi_sena_mun began at the beginning.

Device: moto E / win 7 laptop / padfone 2 / fedora
Unhappy

well very hard core reader here ..... I have folders by type and author made in my SD card and want to read in that order only .... I dont want to add collections or library .... I buy books and keep them in the relevant folders myself .... read pdfs / mobi / epub / lit files ....

tried moon+, aldiko, cool etc. all need add to library / collections ... and the pdf reader dont have the reading view ....

please help ... if perfect will buy as I read a lot ...
Ankhi_sena_mun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #388
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post
well very hard core reader here ..... I have folders by type and author made in my SD card and want to read in that order only .... I dont want to add collections or library .... I buy books and keep them in the relevant folders myself .... read pdfs / mobi / epub / lit files ....

tried moon+, aldiko, cool etc. all need add to library / collections ... and the pdf reader dont have the reading view ....

please help ... if perfect will buy as I read a lot ...
You could try KOreader Android version runs fine on my ASUS Transformer tablet.
No collections or shelves, just a simple File Manager.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #389
Ankhi_sena_mun
Ankhi_sena_mun began at the beginning.

Device: moto E / win 7 laptop / padfone 2 / fedora
Cant find Koreader in google play store ....
Ankhi_sena_mun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #390
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The link goes to a site that has the current download of an .apk file that your Android device should be able to verify and install. Just connect your device to your PC and copy the .apk file onto the device. Then when you select the .apk file in your device's file browser you will be given the option to select to verify and install the program. There are many programs that are available outside the Google Play Store.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android;ebooks, cliq, droid, nexus one