Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
troutqueen
troutqueen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Unable to access Sony ebook Library

I've seen a few posts and threads around relating to this problem, so I suppose it's not an uncommon issue. But I haven't seen a solution that has worked for me.

I bought my 505 about 6-8 months ago and did all the workarounds for a Mac (using VM Fusion on Windows XP virtual machine). Everything worked fine - I was able to purchase books from the Sony Library, access everything I needed just fine. Then 3 months ago I went into the Library to purchase a book and when I tried to purchase it, I got a "Unable to Acces Sony ebook Library" message. It told me to check my network connection, which I did. Everything was fine, etc. I don't have firewalls or a network proxy. I don't have any additional security on my system (Norton, McAfee, etc). I uninstalled and reinstalled. It didn't work.

I decided to wait until Mac support came out, which it did yesterday. YAY AND FINALLY! I installed it last night, hooked up my 505 and started to authorize my Mac and Reader.

I entered my credentials, and.... bam. Not the good Emeril Bam. The bad, "Unable to access...." bam.

I got onto tech support chat with Sony and their best answer is to empty my cache and temp files. Which I did. And didn't do anything.

I'm tempted to de-authorize my computers (assuming I can do that without getting hit with the "Unable to access...") and open a new account to see what happens, because I think it's tied to my account somehow. I don't see how it could be my network. I also have a work laptop I may try out, but obviously, I want everything on my personal computer and under my own account.

Any thoughts or guidance??
troutqueen is offline   Reply With Quote