Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which countries should ally?
Canada and Germany (country´s name: Canmany, also known as Germanada) 5 16.67%
Canada, Quebec and Germany (United States for Oktoberfest) 5 16.67%
Italy and Canada (Pizza-nada; well, sounds a little like "food-less land") 3 10.00%
Quebec and Italy (Quitaly) 3 10.00%
Luxylvania (special category for mt/mj + h, how are things going, guys?) 4 13.33%
Australia and Canada (Australi-eh) 6 20.00%
USA and UK (McTea) 5 16.67%
USA and Portugal (Dixiegal) 6 20.00%
Netherlands and Germany (Bike-istan) 3 10.00%
Scotland and France (Frotland) 6 20.00%
Spain and Germany (Spermany, oh well, ahem....) 7 23.33%
Can I have another beer? 21 70.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Which countries should ally?

Spring´s arrived in Munich, Germany Love is in the air! Even my fighting spirit (concerning polls) is decreasing. I´m thinking about allying with Canada. Or Portugal. Or France. Or the desert. Or even Belgium! What do you think? Which countries should ally?

Please wait for the poll.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Spring´s arrived in Munich, Germany Love is in the air! Even my fighting spirit (concerning polls) is decreasing. I´m thinking about allying with Canada. Or Portugal. Or France. Or the desert. Or even Belgium! What do you think?

I would have thought your dream country was Polland.

New Zealand and Italy - separated at birth!

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-14-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I would have thought your dream country was Polland.

Right! Now that you mention it.....
Old 03-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I can pick more than one! I just can't decide yet! So many good choices!

Where's Bermudanda? or Canadahiti? (We need some place warm in winter.)
The last option is definitely going to get checked, and probably any mention of "Wiesn" too.

I'll reserve my vote for now but will probably end up checking every box.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I really enjoy Spain. And Germany.

I NEED A DO=OVER! i GOT EXCITED ABOUT SPERMANY AND DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT I HAD MY OWN CATEGORY! QUICK, EVERYONE VOTE FOR ME!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i like allies. and unification. can't we all just get along ?

(special extra vote for polland : home of my ancestors + spéciale dédicace ravenne ! what's not to love ? )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I don't get the Belgium/Germany thing...

And I think the Benelux should become one country... We'll just kick those French speakers out and have a blast!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And I think the Benelux should become one country... We'll just kick those French speakers out and have a blast!
hey ! french speakers can party with the best of them !!!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
I don't get the Belgium/Germany thing...

I thought you people wanted the bikes back we stole from you
Old 03-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I thought you people wanted the bikes back we stole from you
Yes, but what has Belgium to do with that?
Old 03-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
that's true ; for bicycles, i always think of the netherlands (specifically holland, amsterdam in fact, but they're not the same thing. )
Old 03-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #12
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
That´s a real good question Did I write Belgium, oh dear.... This Benelux-thing is really confusing me. I´m sorry!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey ! french speakers can party with the best of them !!!
But the language is so incomprehensible! I can speak a bit German, and can understand a lot more, but French...
Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That´s a real good question Did I write Belgium, oh dear.... This Benelux-thing is really confusing me. I´m sorry!
You do know what the BeNeLux stands for, I hope...
Old 03-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #15
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
You do know what the BeNeLux stands for, I hope...
The luxury version of what Marc wears on his head?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote