Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Format shifting

I was wondering if anyone knows if format shifting of a book I legally own is allowed in the UK or not. I own the complete hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and I'm having real problems finding the fith book, "mostly harmless" in ebook format. As I already own the book, is it legal for me to download it and put it on my reader?
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
last time i checked (and it seems that they are disussing changing the law since feb 08 and august 08) Format shifting is Illegal in the UK... but everyone thinks its okay, and the copyright police will no be knocking on your door for going to P2P for a ebook.

Legal, No
Moral, UK Residents Believe Yes
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert