Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Panda Nail Art

I apologize for the horrible blurriness... I couldn't figure out how to make my phone's camera FOCUS, but my waitress at the sushi restaurant had a panda painted on her thumbnail.

She must be an agent. I opened my mouth to scream, but the inrush of air ignited the wasabi fumes and all I could do was take a hurried photo and weep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pandaNail.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	16006  
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
she is clearly an agent. it's a lucky thing you go out unacutelated.

(next time, press only halfway on the camera button and wait for it to focus, then take the picture. also check if you have a macro mode.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Sorry, this camera doesn't work like that.

Wait - there's a next time!?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post

Wait - there's a next time!?
i don't know, isn't there ? either you're a counter-agent gathering intelligence, or you aren't.

(about the camera : try it. you might be surprised.)
Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Most phone cameras are essentially pinhole cameras. Hence no focus.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

mine is significantly more sophisticated than that. believe it or not, i chose the phone for the camera. among other features it has (true) auto-focus, several iso levels (including my personal favorite, "auto"), continuous mode (a whole lot of photos one after the other so you don't miss the action) and macro mode. also a flash, and "night mode". and plenty of gimmicks i never use. it's brilliant. 5 megapixels.

maybe i should be the infiltrated agent. at least i could take a better photo.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

(i actually love pinhole cameras though, and i have several. but i don't use them to take photos with, very often).
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(i actually love pinhole cameras though, and i have several. but i don't use them to take photos with, very often).
Not, by any chance, these wonderful retro ones that Silverprint in London sells?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Not, by any chance, these wonderful retro ones that Silverprint in London sells?
oh god, please stop it. when i first discovered ebay i spent a fortune on old, mostly non-functioning (and you can't get film in those formats anymore even if they *are* functioning) cameras, just because they are beautiful objects and i love them. do not show me links like that. it's dangerous to my budget and my shelfspace.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Resistance is futile. You will be acutelated.

Wait, that was the last set of anthropomorphized avatarial pleonasms.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 AM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I apologize for the horrible blurriness...
Right...so...did anyone else, when they saw the topic heading, think that this "Panda Nail Art" involved a panda with a nail gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
For my Voigty R3A (who I call "Bender"*) I just bought a pinhole bodycap. I've yet to get the first shots developed though.

Cheers,
Marc
*I've a few cameras; they all have names.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
For my Voigty R3A (who I call "Bender"*) I just bought a pinhole bodycap. I've yet to get the first shots developed though.
i would love to see them, when you do...

Quote:
Cheers,
Marc
*I've a few cameras; they all have names.
the contrary would have disappointed me, marc.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Ahhh, cute ickle panda
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Right...so...did anyone else, when they saw the topic heading, think that this "Panda Nail Art" involved a panda with a nail gun?
Well, no, but I thought the decorated nails would be ON a panda. If you want nail-gun art, how about this paint-ball-gun art?

Yes, eBay is dangerous. I bought a broken Brownie camera there, just because it looked so cool and I *needed* a broken Brownie camera!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #15
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Well, no, but I thought the decorated nails would be ON a panda. If you want nail-gun art, how about this paint-ball-gun art?
LOVE IT!!! I can't help wondering how much paint residue was floating through the air.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness