Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
katara317
katara317 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Glowlight, Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+, iPod 5th Gen.
Question Need help with auto adding!

I have over 8,000 books in .mobi and .epub files to add to my Calibre. I put them all into the folder I designated for auto adding, but Calibre never added them. I then started batching it into about 20+ books in a second designated file, but now it's ignoring the .epub files and only adding the .mobi files!

I've made sure that ignoring .epub files is un-checked, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Any advise?
katara317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by katara317 View Post
I have over 8,000 books in .mobi and .epub files to add to my Calibre. I put them all into the folder I designated for auto adding, but Calibre never added them. I then started batching it into about 20+ books in a second designated file, but now it's ignoring the .epub files and only adding the .mobi files!

I've made sure that ignoring .epub files is un-checked, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Any advise?
Are the ignored Epub of the same title as the Mobi ? Your auto-merge rule (on the first tab) may come into play.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
katara317

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Are the ignored Epub of the same title as the Mobi ? Your auto-merge rule (on the first tab) may come into play.
No, they aren't the same title or book.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, they aren't the same title or book.
That used up my ideas
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
katara317

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That used up my ideas
Well, I tinkered around in the preferences and was able to set up my auto-add folder as a device, after inputting the path. Then I just selected everything and told it to add to the library. Turns out I had over 14,000 books to add, and, 5 minutes later, I'm not even to 1% done! At least its working!
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
katara317

1 hour later = 13%. Oh boy...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
1 hour later = 13%. Oh boy...
FWIW
You don't need to use the methods you did/tried

Click the Add Books icon and pick the method that describes how you stored books.

BTW be sure to clear(eject) the Device folder setting, it will conflict with a real device.