Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
[solved]Help from those who have telnet access

Hi everyone. I'm porting koreader (https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/50) to the kobo platform; I am almost done with it, I just need to know a file that exists in every kobo model in order to detect that the program is running on a kobo.
This is my guess, and what I'm currently using:
/sys/devices/platform/pmic_leds.114/modalias

can anyone with a model different from a kobo glo (which I own) confirm that this file exists on his kobo? (specifying the model)

I guess it should be there, since the distributed firmware is the same at least for mini, glo and aura hd... let me know!

Last edited by giorgio130; 06-11-2013 at 04:41 PM.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why not see if the file /bin/kobo_config.sh exists and use that to determine kobo vs non Kobo?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I would think that all the Kobo devices that the port would work in will have a .kobo folder in the root of the partition. There is a "version" file in that folder on my AuraHD, it would be common practice to have such a file available in the same place over a range of products. If you needed your program to respond to the various models differently, the file begins with the model number.

It is also likely that each device with an SD internal memory, will have the model number starting at offset 200.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-11-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Probably that would be the best option, assuming it is not going to be removed in future firmware updates... which is unlikely. Thanks for the idea!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
BWinmill
Nameless Being

How about taking PeterT's idea one step further. The kobo_config.sh file show you how to get the hardware's id.
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
How about taking PeterT's idea one step further. The kobo_config.sh file show you how to get the hardware's id.
Lol... I was WONDERING if someone would catch that!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
giorgio130
Time Waster

Well currently it's not needed, but could be in the future, thanks!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm porting koreader (https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/50) to the kobo platform; I am almost done with it
this is fantastic news, thanks a lot, and K of course!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I am assuming that the AuraHD is going to be included, even though it isn't a listed
device. This port is something I really could get behind.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
giorgio130
Time Waster

Yes, I have no way to test since I don't have an Aura, but it should work without modifications even there.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
I really hope so.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote