Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #211
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I was on my library site last night and saw they had available copies, I guess I timed it right. I downloaded the first one to inspect. I'll return it tomorrow, so as not to get a warning from Overdrive about returning books too soon.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #212
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm actually a little surprised at how few requests there are at my library for these. The first book has 14 people on the waiting list. Compare that to the first book of A Song of Ice and Fire, which has 69 people waiting for it.

Had no problem downloading all 7 of them through amazon last night. Not sure that the library copies are actually watermarked, I only glanced at it last night, but didn't see some of the stuff that people mentioned.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #213
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My library has no waiting list for any of the books. But they don't have the books, either. I've even emailed them to ask them to please acquire these. Still waiting to hear back.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #214
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
My library has a longer waiting list for the audiobooks than the ebooks, most of the ebooks still have available copies.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #215
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroberos View Post
My library has a longer waiting list for the audiobooks than the ebooks, most of the ebooks still have available copies.
For the 1st book, my library has 15 copies of the ebooks and 4 are currently available. For the audiobook, they have 20 copies and there are 17 people on the waiting list. I'm kind of surprised by this.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #216
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Still waiting on Book #2 to download from Amazon. I might have to contact them.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #217
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Still waiting on Book #2 to download from Amazon. I might have to contact them.
For kicks, I checked out #2 the same day you were having a problem. It downloaded fine. Since you still don't have it, CS should (hopefully) be able to fix it.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #218
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I think a lot of libraries are seeing the Audio books have longer waiting lists than the eBooks. This doesn't really surprise me -- the cost to BUY the audio books is way more than I'm willing to pay, and that's likely true for most. And since they're not available from places like Audible.com, where you've already committed a fair amount of money annually, the cost of the audio books is in addition to that commitment. Plus, at least at my library, the audio books were visible to pre-order way before the eBooks were, so the backup has had a chance to build.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #219
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I did finally chat with CS. After convincing the nice man that no, I really was talking about book #2 and not book #1, he saw that there was a problem and said it would be fixed "soon".
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #220
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I think a lot of libraries are seeing the Audio books have longer waiting lists than the eBooks. This doesn't really surprise me -- the cost to BUY the audio books is way more than I'm willing to pay, and that's likely true for most. And since they're not available from places like Audible.com, where you've already committed a fair amount of money annually, the cost of the audio books is in addition to that commitment. Plus, at least at my library, the audio books were visible to pre-order way before the eBooks were, so the backup has had a chance to build.
Plus, audiobooks are far more portable than ebooks and can be played on most MP3 players.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote