Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Just got my T1

The courier just delivered my T1 at work. I switched it on to check that it's working and so far I'm not all that impressed. The screen is much greyer than I expected. I thought it would be a leap up from my Opus, but not sure it is.

There's also lots of ghosting, especially when navigating the menus. Will see how it goes after it has been fully charged.

Would it be a good idea to do the firmware update immediately or should I wait and see if the current version gives any problems?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Do the update, it will not make anything worse and will get rid of some bugs.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Busy with the update now. Hopefully I don't mess things up.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Crusader
Space Cadet

I'm glad to say the firmware update went well. The reader is definitely growing on me. I like the UI and the page turns are much faster than I'm used to with the Opus. The screens look very similar though so that's not such a huge improvement as I expected.

I wonder if it's worth the hassle to figure out how to authorize the T1 since I de-DRM my purchases in any case.

I also ordered the standard black Sony cover, so hopefully it won't look too dreadful with the white reader.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I did not authorize mine for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Have fun with your new reader !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm glad to say the firmware update went well. The reader is definitely growing on me. I like the UI and the page turns are much faster than I'm used to with the Opus. The screens look very similar though so that's not such a huge improvement as I expected.

I wonder if it's worth the hassle to figure out how to authorize the T1 since I de-DRM my purchases in any case.

I also ordered the standard black Sony cover, so hopefully it won't look too dreadful with the white reader.
It's only worth it if you plan to use the T1 to download library eBooks via Wi-Fi directly to the T1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote