Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #31
JRANGER
Connoisseur
JRANGER began at the beginning.

Device: Edgejr
ok...Ill golden this bad boy then do a reflash of this because I was doing some crazy stuff to this including re-locating the way it was reading the internal vs external memory

Downloading your Golden Ermie as we speak

Just to make sure IM clear...Doing this will move the library or do I need to move it manually?

Also when i USB connect it uses the internal drive as the connection so yeah lol...Do i need to adjsut my vold.fstab?

Last edited by JRANGER; 12-09-2011 at 02:50 PM.
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #32
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
ok...Ill golden this bad boy then do a reflash of this because I was doing some crazy stuff to this including re-locating the way it was reading the internal vs external memory

Downloading your Golden Ermie as we speak

Just to make sure IM clear...Doing this will move the library or do I need to move it manually?

Also when i USB connect it uses the internal drive as the connection so yeah lol...Do i need to adjsut my vold.fstab?
When you flash a golden update, the library will default to the internal storage, and you need to go to "Settings->Device Storage" and move the storage to the SD card. The "golden Allmine" will actually recognize a library in the SD card and tell the PE software that it is there instead of making an empty one in the internal storage.

You should not need to change the vold.fstab, it looks like the ESI software takes care of that when you move the library to the SD card.
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #33
JRANGER
Connoisseur

ok im glashing golden ermie now and will change the library once its loaded then load golden allmine with GAPPS
Old 12-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #34
JRANGER
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
When you flash a golden update, the library will default to the internal storage, and you need to go to "Settings->Device Storage" and move the storage to the SD card. The "golden Allmine" will actually recognize a library in the SD card and tell the PE software that it is there instead of making an empty one in the internal storage.

You should not need to change the vold.fstab, it looks like the ESI software takes care of that when you move the library to the SD card.
no luck...Flashed Golden and changed the library to SD Card
Flash Golden Allmine
Set eReader
Rebooted
tried google and set wireless and got the same

Ill try again on a diff wireless when i get home just to check
Old 12-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #35
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
no luck...Flashed Golden and changed the library to SD Card
Flash Golden Allmine
Set eReader
Rebooted
tried google and set wireless and got the same

Ill try again on a diff wireless when i get home just to check
I'm out of ideas by now...
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #36
JRANGER
Connoisseur

im trying clean the cache and forcing close the market and framework...Let you know if it works in a few
Old 12-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #37
JRANGER
Connoisseur

Quote:
im trying clean the cache and forcing close the market and framework...Let you know if it works in a few
no luck
Old 12-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #38
pablob
Connoisseur

If you can, try to get the logcat when you access the market, and when you try to add your Google account. Maybe those will give us some clues...
Old 12-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #39
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
you need on the usb / micro sd card just the update.zip (renamed from the PocketEdge_ONLY_Golden_Allmine_update-rc2.zip) and the gapps.zip (from cyanogen mode hdpi version 6) use menu+rotate and you should have a fully working device with the market included. this is a full rom.

Last edited by vicinc; 12-10-2011 at 07:58 AM.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #40
pablob
Connoisseur

JRANGER:

Did the market work in your PE before, when using Ermine and the standard Allmine?

vicinc:

Did you have the chance to try rc2? Did it work in any of your PEs?
Old 12-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #41
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I going to flash it now and report, this is the first PE that ever travelled to Transylvania where I am with business, left my nook home and took the PE with me. Jranger are you sure you used second version that I linked in my post and also the gapps I linked and renamed them to gapps.zip?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #42
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
I just updated mine.. it seems to be working just fine. I did screw up at first though. I renamed the RC2 file to update.zip and also put gapps.zip on there but the install wouldn't take.

After the third try that's when I realized the proper update.zip was contained in the RC2.zip file. I guess I should have read the instructions a little better!

Anyway once the update went through and I went through the Google wizard (and waited for the wireless network etc) then it completed and ran the wizard a second time! About half way through I got a forced crash message and the wizard closed. I then powered off (and back on) and everything seems to be working great!
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #43
supergps
supergps began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Great work, it works great for PE.

update.zip+gapps.zip, otherwise will have shutdown problem.

Another thing, even though system reports 2.xxGB left for app. but once installed 322MB apps, system won't let you to install any apps any more from market or amazon app store. you can put some apk in usb and install it. but system won't change the app memory # any more. it will stay at 2 GB left .

Hope you can fix this, then this rom will be the perfect one for PE
supergps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #44
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergps View Post
Another thing, even though system reports 2.xxGB left for app. but once installed 322MB apps, system won't let you to install any apps any more from market or amazon app store. you can put some apk in usb and install it. but system won't change the app memory # any more. it will stay at 2 GB left .
That's an interesting development... I haven't installed many apps, so I did not see this. I guess this is where my Android naivete comes into play: I imagined that having 2 GiB in the userdata filesystem would have been enough. There might be something artificially limiting the installation...

Do you know some large applications to try it out (I don't want to be installing 150 apps to reach the threshold)?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #45
supergps
supergps began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
That's an interesting development... I haven't installed many apps, so I did not see this. I guess this is where my Android naivete comes into play: I imagined that having 2 GiB in the userdata filesystem would have been enough. There might be something artificially limiting the installation...

Do you know some large applications to try it out (I don't want to be installing 150 apps to reach the threshold)?

having 2 GiB in the userdata ? is this part of apps storage?

I saw the whole app storage is 2.32 GB.

I didn't do big apps, just tried the apps from Market. couple popular apps plus several games ...etc. then it reach the 322 MB. then saw this problem.

and you can use dolphin browser download the apps and put onto the USB, install it and system allow it to go beyond. And I can see the left 2 GB decrease.

Google Market may check somewhere for this info or what, use market download and install will fail. Error message like "can't install on usb or sdcard" ...

Last edited by supergps; 12-10-2011 at 11:41 PM.
supergps is offline   Reply With Quote