Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Update: Working - not working?

I received mine today and registered okay and it checked for updates and said mine had the latest. I looked and have 1.6 so I ran the update and it errors out after checking says error 101

Wondering if this is something on my unit or if they have closed down the updater?

Has anyone gotten the update after 7:00 pm Pacific time on the 7th?

I have info on the download/instructions, just wondering about the automatic.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Dirae
Dirae began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I am trying to update now. It has giving me the same error code 101 all day. It is now at 87 and still downloading. I am not at all sure what that means or what I am doing.
Dirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, exscentric and Dirae!

The updates do take a while, and sometimes you have to try more than once. The server is probably especially slow right now, with all this unaccustomed traffic!

If you can try your update at an off hour it might work better.

Dirae, did yours finish?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, will give it another try or 50 :-)

Love the way the android works, nice smooth operation. Have had couple other units that were funky at best but this just works!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
I received mine today and registered okay and it checked for updates and said mine had the latest. I looked and have 1.6 so I ran the update and it errors out after checking says error 101

Wondering if this is something on my unit or if they have closed down the updater?

Has anyone gotten the update after 7:00 pm Pacific time on the 7th?

I have info on the download/instructions, just wondering about the automatic.
you can try the manual way, which is what i did. download the file from the website then rename the file to 'update.zip', yes actually add the .zip and place it in the root directory of a usb drive or microsd card then
power off completely
hold down the menu and screen rotate button
turn power on wait for a few seconds
then release menu and rotate buttons

hopes this helps
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Dirae
Dirae began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
No Filark It did not work. Went all the way to 100 but did not install. Just starts over. I am also having trouble with the wifi. It will lose connection. Our other device never have this problem.

I am not sure if I am techie enough to do the manual. So far all I have done with my Edge is try to keep it connected and try to download. At this point it is a big disappointment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirae View Post
No Filark It did not work. Went all the way to 100 but did not install. Just starts over. I am also having trouble with the wifi. It will lose connection. Our other device never have this problem.

I am not sure if I am techie enough to do the manual. So far all I have done with my Edge is try to keep it connected and try to download. At this point it is a big disappointment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
its really very easy the manual. i think the entourage servers for wifi update is probably offline for good. i tried the wifi way too.
i really like the pe except for one thing, no USB charging...i'm still debating if I'm going to keep it; oh yeah, also no marketplace, except for amazon's.

this is the website
https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265

this is the download for the file
http://www.entourageedge.com/updates...zip.ermine-0.9

but basically down load the file into a usb drive on the root drive
rename it "update.zip"
turn off edge
hold down menu and rotate screen then turn on edge
hold for a few seconds then it will automatically update

**very important**: keep edge plugged in, do not try to update with 1/2 or 1/4 full battery
you will brick it if the battery runs dry while updating.....
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
exscentric
Addict

finally got it to update from the unit. It downloaded, said it was installing and when all was done I still had 1.6.

Wonder if they went back to 1.6 :-)

Edit: Seems that might be the case, when I try update it gives a different screen telling me I have the latest stuff.

Maybe there is somebody running around that deserted place :-)

Further edit: When it did what it did it deleted all from my sd card and added some of their junk. Also have a notice in the task bar to check for update. Gives the same message mentioned above.

Even further edit: Reset unit and the task bar notification disappeared but still 1.6.

Sorry for all the add ins: Been digging, they just renamed my external sd card to extsdcard, then there is intsdcard, inststorage and sd card for their equipment.

The external was intact.

Last edited by exscentric; 07-08-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
finally got it to update from the unit. It downloaded, said it was installing and when all was done I still had 1.6.

Wonder if they went back to 1.6 :-)

Edit: Seems that might be the case, when I try update it gives a different screen telling me I have the latest stuff.

Maybe there is somebody running around that deserted place :-)

Further edit: When it did what it did it deleted all from my sd card and added some of their junk. Also have a notice in the task bar to check for update. Gives the same message mentioned above.

Even further edit: Reset unit and the task bar notification disappeared but still 1.6.

Sorry for all the add ins: Been digging, they just renamed my external sd card to extsdcard, then there is intsdcard, inststorage and sd card for their equipment.

The external was intact.
I had the same issue, it updated it but was still 1.6. so i went the manual route and worked like a charm, ran z4root and it actually worked, though not sure how to add apps still trying to figure all this out.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Mine updated. But not exactly automatically. It said I was up to date, but I still had 1.6. If you go into eDGe Preferences, Default Device Preferences, and select "Update Now", it dowloads the new 2.2.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
exscentric
Addict

Hadn't run across that, thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Mine updated. But not exactly automatically. It said I was up to date, but I still had 1.6. If you go into eDGe Preferences, Default Device Preferences, and select "Update Now", it dowloads the new 2.2.
Serena, that's brilliant!

Dirae, can you try what Serena suggested? Can you find eDGe Preferences in the Settings menu (I think! ).

You should not be having trouble keeping your wifi connected. Does your browser work on MobileRead? Is it just the connection with enTourage that's flaky??

Last edited by Filark; 07-09-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #13
exscentric
Addict

Tried Serena's suggestion and it gives me the same that I have the latest, thinking they have taken the beta down.

Will give the manual method a try soon.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #14
Filark

Dirae,

I'm worrying about you and your PE. If it really won't hold a wifi connection there could be something wrong with it (meaning you might want to exchange it).

If you have managed to update to Dingo (Android 1.13) there is no need for you to take it any farther. It is perfectly okay, and maybe even a good idea, to use your PE running Dingo and get to know it before you decide whether you want to update to Ermine (Android 2.2). It took me a long time to decide to try the update -- it was scary until after I had done it!

Good luck. I wish I knew more to help you!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
capp2361
capp2361 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
ok browsed around for awhile and i cannot upgrade to 2.2. i followed the instructions using a usb drive. i know the device is seeing the drive because it is creating a lost dir folder on the flash drive after i try booting to it. it just keeps loading 1.6 and doesn't go to the upgrade screen. i put the drive in while device is shut off. hold the menu and rotate buttons simutaneously and power on. the power edge screen comes up right away. after counting 10 mississippis' - i let go of the lcd buttons, now the first dot on the pocket edge screen lights up, the flash drive also lights up. after a few more seconds or so, the reader side starts to flash and goes to initializing and the system loads the desktop. just got it two days ago and i followed the instructions. power up battery first - went thru the registration w/o issues and played around for awhile. yesterday morning when i turned it on, it did a few updates and then i started to try upgrade to 2.2 no go on the upgrade.

today i am pointed in this direction in the forum and find serena's instructs. it did another update but still, i am on 1.6 firmware version.

any other suggestions?

thx,
capp2361 is offline   Reply With Quote