Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
mhkey
mhkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Preprocess cbz before sending to Kindle

Maybe somebody can help me. I have a collection of manga in cbz format. I'm willing to read them in my Kindle with the native cbz support. The problem I have is that I want to use the capacities of the Comic Input plugin to convert the images to black and white, convert landscape to portrait, png conversion and so on and the output I want/need is another cbz file.And I want to preserve the original .cbz file but send the processed one to the Kindle. I don't know how to solve the problem of having two files with same name and extension. I have the knowledge to develop a simple plugin if necessary, but I need some thoughts about a solution.

Thanks in advance!
mhkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkey View Post
Maybe somebody can help me. I have a collection of manga in cbz format. I'm willing to read them in my Kindle with the native cbz support. The problem I have is that I want to use the capacities of the Comic Input plugin to convert the images to black and white, convert landscape to portrait, png conversion and so on and the output I want/need is another cbz file.And I want to preserve the original .cbz file but send the processed one to the Kindle. I don't know how to solve the problem of having two files with same name and extension. I have the knowledge to develop a simple plugin if necessary, but I need some thoughts about a solution.

Thanks in advance!
One option:
Briefly - copy the book record to make a duplicate, convert the duplicate copy from cbz to cbz with desired options. To copy a book: 1) create an empty book, 2) select that empty book first, 3) then select the cbz record, 4) choose Merge - Keep Others which will copy all formats and metadata from the second selected into the first selected and not delete the second selected (your original).
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
mhkey
mhkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I was looking for something more automated to apply to my collection. But thanks, I learned a function in Calibre I never used.
mhkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkey View Post
I was looking for something more automated to apply to my collection. But thanks, I learned a function in Calibre I never used.
I did say it was "one option." There are many others. Search for those you want to convert, use Copy to Library to copy them into another library, then mass convert them. If you want, you can even copy them back to the original library.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote