Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
Bedtrick
Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: nexus 7
Calibre is not reading my Nexus 7

Actually I think detecting is a better word.
can I get some help with this please?

Bedtrick
Bedtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
matt72
matt72 began at the beginning.

Device: kiindle3 / nexus 7
Wink Nexus 7 using Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedtrick View Post
Actually I think detecting is a better word.
can I get some help with this please?

Bedtrick

Hi,

had the same problem, get the latest version, 0.8.70 (windows) from here

http://calibre-ebook.com/

Update Calibre, the new version supports MTP devices like the Nexus 7.
Make sure that Nexus is connected / detected by PC.
Start Calibre, should see the device. If you move books to the device, look under sdcard\ebooks to add content to your favorite reader app.
Hope this helps.

Matt
matt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Caveat... depends on what OS Bedtrick is using.... It does not work on either XP or Macs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt72 View Post
Update Calibre, the new version supports MTP devices like the Nexus 7.
Caveat... depends on what OS Bedtrick is using.... It does not work on either XP or Macs.
Very true. Whether using using OSX, Windows XP or Windows 7 I find it better to manage the books on my Nexus 7 using Calibre Companion (wireless required). Its features match the full integration with calibre that I experienced with my Sony reading devices and then some. It also allows you to place your various types of books in whatever directory you wish, Mobi, PDFs, CBZ and ePubs can all be sent to specific directories. Well worth the token purchase fee.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Bedtrick
Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bedtrick could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: nexus 7
Thanks everyone for your Help, I did get everything to work.

First I got wireless to work using Companion, but I wasn't going to give up on getting usb to work as well.

I finally noticed on the Nexus 7 that on the Notification Dropdown it was signing onto my PC as a Camera, clicking on that sent me to a screen that gave my a choice to of Camera or Media Device checkboxes and gave me a different set of folders for Nexus 7 in my PC file directory program. Yay! its working.......

Not quite, I opened Calibre and I got a popup asking if I want to manage Nexus 7.
I picked no because my Library wasn't configured the way I wanted. I could send files to the Nexus 7 but now it wasn't detecting it as a device. Turns out saying no configured Calibre to recognize Nexus 7 as an Ignored Device, unchecking that fixed the last problem.

I hope all this information will help others and Thanks again.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;P
Bedtrick
Bedtrick is offline   Reply With Quote