Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #16
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Ok, I will be the second to bite.

First, here is my laptop. There I read, what else, mobileread forums . I also read on it some PDF that doesn't fit in a smaller screen.

Current reading: "Programming the Mobile Web" by Maximiliano Firtman.

Then, my Sony PRS650 and my cell phone. I installed PRS+ on the 650 so besides reading I can play Sudoku I installed mobilepocket read on the cell phone to use it as a emergency reader.

Current reading: "The Dolorous Passion" by Anne Catherine Emmerich.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Ok, I will be the second to bite.

First, here is my laptop. There I read, what else, mobileread forums . I also read on it some PDF that doesn't fit in a smaller screen.

Current reading: "Programming the Mobile Web" by Maximiliano Firtman.

Then, my Sony PRS650 and my cell phone. I installed PRS+ on the 650 so besides reading I can play Sudoku I installed mobilepocket read on the cell phone to use it as a emergency reader.

Current reading: "The Dolorous Passion" by Anne Catherine Emmerich.
Yeah. PDFs are a bit of a pain on a small screen. Mom loves Sudoku. I'm looking to get a smartphone with Sprint when my AT&T contract runs out at the end of the month. Backup MP3 and EPUB player FTW. I think I would get a Sony when my Kobo dies.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
@Dreams, thanks a ton!

@Falcao, very nice
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #19
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bump! my own pics are now showing up.

Thanks to Falcao and CovingtonCat for playing along and to Dreams for the posting/site help
Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #20
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lestatar, nice Kindle. I lost my old, "dumb" phone and got a smart phone, a Samsung Replenish that runs on Andriod. It was free with my Sprint sign-up, too. I didn't think I could read on a cellphone but can. Anyway, pic! I should've wiped it down before taking the pic, heh.

http://twitpic.com/5dkeh7
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #21
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

^ lol! Not as many photog experts here on MR as on our other forum eh, covingtoncat?

Very cool reading on that Samsung. I will post some pics of how I was reading on my BB as well. And of course, my new Tab
Old 06-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I'll be supportive to lestatar this is my kindle in leather cover, which is about to be replaced with an Oberon and it's lying on my HP laptop. and the iPod nano is for podcasts, to practise English... that's all for now.

[Image too large - MODERATOR]

[Image too large - MODERATOR]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1163.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	73015   Click image for larger version

Name:	181.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	831.8 KB
ID:	73016  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-19-2011 at 11:01 AM.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #23
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Nice, Maianhvk. I liked my older-style Nano that died recently. I find my new Sony Walkman E series is much like it. I listen to a lot of podcasts, too.

That is true, Lestatar. LOL. Never having seen a BB or a Galaxy, I'd be interested to see what they look like.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #24
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

@maianhvk: Very nice and thanks! This is my intention with this thread - pics of gear from actual owners, but really maybe about the covers/accessories people have bought.

For instance, you cover looks very nice and secure. I take it the K3 slips in from the left side and the entire device is very safe?

@covingtoncat: gimme a day or so... for sure will post pics of how fbreader and the default TAB reader looks like.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What does "56k alert" mean?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #26
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm glad you asked that. I thought it was just me...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #27
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Heh. 56kbps is the top dialup speed. We used to label picture heavy threads that way to warn dialup users so they wouldn't be disappointed when they showed up and needed 20 minutes to load each page. The label didn't really seem weird when I read it, but now I wonder how many dialup users are actually left to warn. I haven't even had a telephone line for 5 years or so.

Last edited by Marseille; 06-19-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

^ yes, exactly right. Though broadband is everywhere, perhaps not everyone connects at high speed. Just kind of a courtesy to those on slower connections...
Old 06-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
@maianhvk: Very nice and thanks! This is my intention with this thread - pics of gear from actual owners, but really maybe about the covers/accessories people have bought.

For instance, you cover looks very nice and secure. I take it the K3 slips in from the left side and the entire device is very safe?
Sadly, it's not safe from its owner.

While it was still in the cover, I smacked my head with it while studying and broke the screen. This incidence was before you know me, I think, so you might not notice my stupidity

But apart from my carelessness, this leather cover protects my K just fine. I always throw it into the backpack and never worry about anything.

It's cheap, just $15 I think. Handmade. Light. Simple too: no inner pocket, no decorations. One weakness: the cover really looks old and it wears out fast - many people told me that I must've used the cover for a long time. Black leather makes a serious, gloomy look. Almost boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'm glad you asked that. I thought it was just me...
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #30
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

Heya peeps...its a small audience here so far, but hey, I am nothing if not persistent.

@covingtoncat: as promised, some pics of my Galaxy Tab and in particular how fbreader looks and works on it

Apologies for lousy pic quality - Blackberry Bold 9700 camera is decent, but not a real camera...

Zippo for scale:

Last edited by lestatar; 06-25-2011 at 01:49 PM.