Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
Tod
Tod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Kindle IOS app - the internal browser plays video but no sound

I hope this is the right forum, and I apologize if it's not. Given the discussions I see here, this should be an easy one for you folks.

I created an ebook with links to videos embedded in my website and hosted on Vimeo (my Pro account). I click on the link in the ebook on the Kindle app on my iPad, and it opens up the video in the Kindle app's internal browser. I press play, and it plays... but no sound.

These are videos hosted on Vimeo, so I created a test page with other Vimeo videos and Youtube videos. Same thing: all of them played, but no sound. I tried it on another ios device (my iPhone) with the same result.

I then airplayed the original video from my iPhone to my Apple TV and everything worked fine, including the sound.

Any ideas? The videos are encoded normally - audio is AAC 48 kHz.

I'm mystified and would appreciate any expertise you can offer!

Thanks!
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
I don't believe this is the correct forum - I think it is only for e-ink Kindles. Sorry!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
Tod
Tod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Oops! My apologies.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle ios app, video sound problem