Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
smaulz
smaulz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-505)
libprs/calibre tag question

Just started using libprs/calibre, and I love it. I'm hoping to cut all ties to the horid Sony Library software, but I've run into a VERY minor snag. When using tags to create collections, (in calibre), is there a reason it disallows using capital letters, (eg, sentence case)? Is this something that can be fixed? I know it's not a big deal, it's just an aesthetic thing.
smaulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
tags are case insensitive, so they're always represented in lower case.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
smaulz

Thanks for the quick response. Am I doing it right? I haven't tried actually transferring books to the reader yet, but am I correct in that assigning tags to the books will place them in collections, (browse by collection) on the reader? If so, will the collection titles be displayed in lower-case as well? Does any of this make sense?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah that's right and yes they will be displayed in lowercase
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
smaulz

Thanks again, that's what I was afraid of. Is there any way around that? Or can I make a feature request? I know it's such a minor thing, and probably pretty dumb. What can I say?
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the problem is they are stored internally in lowercase, changing that would be too much work.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Well instead of Tags, I just use the Series to create my collections... I have several mixed-case collections. Why not just use Series? I have collections which technically aren't series, but I call them this anyways.

The only slight problem I see with doing it this way is for instance I have one collection which I created with Series, and all the books are Book 1 and for some reason on the reader it lists these in reverse alphabetical order when I select the collection. Not really a concern for me since its a small collection, but a curious sort indeed.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
smaulz

palex, that's a thought, I'll play with that a little. Thanks again Kovid, appreciate the help.