Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Accidentally reset Kindle, lost all clippings

I've lost a lot of clippings/notes for documents I've added to my Kindle is there any way to get them back?
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Location for Notes and Highlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
I've lost a lot of clippings/notes for documents I've added to my Kindle is there any way to get them back?
If you had those documents at the Amazon web site, than all your Notes and Highlights are here:

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If you had those documents at the Amazon web site, than all your Notes and Highlights are here:

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights
This will help you get back all your Amazon notes/highlights, unfortunately unless you made a backup of it, you have lost all the ones for any non-Amazon books you had notes on. Once you re-do them, it is a good idea to periodically back them up if they are important to you. I back mine up locally as well as the www.clippingsconverter.com site.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:59 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
This will help you get back all your Amazon notes/highlights, unfortunately unless you made a backup of it, you have lost all the ones for any non-Amazon books you had notes on. Once you re-do them, it is a good idea to periodically back them up if they are important to you. I back mine up locally as well as the www.clippingsconverter.com site.
I believe sirmaru meant if the documents were added via send-to-kindle. Those should be backed up as well. It is a fair point. Many people use the Personal Documents service to get stuff to their Kindle.

That being said, I will second the motion to keep this kind of stuff backed up. ClippingsConverter is also a lot more useful than Amazon's page.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I believe sirmaru meant if the documents were added via send-to-kindle. Those should be backed up as well. It is a fair point. Many people use the Personal Documents service to get stuff to their Kindle.

That being said, I will second the motion to keep this kind of stuff backed up. ClippingsConverter is also a lot more useful than Amazon's page.
Ahhh I forgot about that part, I don't use that feature. I am just a little leery about putting my books which I purchased elsewhere on Amazon's servers. Which is why clippingsconverter is such an integral part of my backup feature. I've tried sending my clippings file via send to kindle, but I do not like their formatting on Notes there.

But whichever method you choose, the best option is to pick something if that file is very important to you.
Advert
Old 05-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Ahhh I forgot about that part, I don't use that feature. I am just a little leery about putting my books which I purchased elsewhere on Amazon's servers.
I know it's off topic, but do you mind if I ask why you are leery about it?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:44 AM   #7
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
it could be possible to recover MyClippings using a file recovery application easily since it is a regular txt file, of course if you lucky enough to not overwrite st onto it.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I know it's off topic, but do you mind if I ask why you are leery about it?

Shari
I do not know what they are monitoring, so I do not like putting any books on there that I have purchased outside of their store.