Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Downloading ebooks from the library....

Went to the library today and set up my Overdrive/netlibrary account....there are so many books to read....they have almost all the newly released books....some I put in orders for, so I'm in the queue, I downloaded 1 ebook to my library account.....it's sitting in my checked out account....but.....

I don't know how to actually download it to my nook....when I hit the download button on the library website from my nook, it goes to some jibberish text file...There's a link to download the latest flashplayer, but not even a version for my nook....

Anyone have any tips for me as to why I can't get the ebook that I've downloaded to my library account to my nook?

Any help would be appreciated...I just got my nook yesterday, and I can't seem to find any instructions on what I need to do....the librarian didn't know anything....I'm assuming I need to download something onto my nook????

Thanks
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
This should be helpful from the B&N website:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...highlight/true
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Thank you very much Scion....That was it....
Seems I had to download Adobe Digital Editions to my computer and activate both my computer and my nook on their site.....
I was getting a bit frustrated, I was trying to download Adobe Digital Editions to my Nook, but it didn't have the correct operating system....

I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to log onto my computer (with my nook connected to it) to download the ebook to my nook, I thought I'd be able download right out of my library account into the nook using wifi.....

It was probably a stupid question......but I'm a newbie to the Ereader world.....

Thanks a lot
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Thank you very much Scion....That was it....
Seems I had to download Adobe Digital Editions to my computer and activate both my computer and my nook on their site.....
I was getting a bit frustrated, I was trying to download Adobe Digital Editions to my Nook, but it didn't have the correct operating system....

I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to log onto my computer (with my nook connected to it) to download the ebook to my nook, I thought I'd be able download right out of my library account into the nook using wifi.....

It was probably a stupid question......but I'm a newbie to the Ereader world.....

Thanks a lot
No questions are stupid ones!

Unfortunately, there is no way to do a direct download without the computer for library books. Hopefully in the future this will be the norm.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote