Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Keeping Track of your favorite authors

How do you keep track of your favorite authors? Do you know of a web site that will email when one of the authors on your list publishes either a hardback or a paperback?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I normally subscribe to their blog (if they have one) or something like "author tracking" which some publishers have-- basically they email you whenever the author is doing something or publishing something new.

I don't think there's a directory which keeps track of every author ever and what they're doing (someone let me know if I'm wrong, though!), but if you check their publisher's website there should be something like what you're looking for.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I devoutly read the new releases page at Kobo. It seems to keep me pretty up to date when an author I like has a new book. Then I add it to my library and wait for a price drop or coupon code...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have found a free service called changedetection.com that will email me any time any website changes. So I use fantasticfiction to tell me what books an author has published, but will not email me and tell me when an author has published new work, so I am going to use changedetection.com to monitor the fantasticfiction site and let me know when there is a major change to the site, so together the two sites should be able to achieve my end of letting me know when one of my favorite authors publishes new work without my having to go to the site each day.

i think that birdbrainbb should consider adding changedetection.com to his/her method of keeping track of authors, simply substitute the blogs for fantasticfiction.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Try FictFact:

http://www.fictfact.com/

Quote:
FictFact is something else than a reference site. It's useful for me because I can say that I "follow" a series and they send me info when a new book is added to it and when the release date is near.

Terisa de Morgan
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=fictfact
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Y'all beat me to it. I've just started using this.. it's great!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for recommending FictFact. It looks useful. Is there a setting to let me know when an older book is released as an eBook?
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Is there a setting to let me know when an older book is released as an eBook?
No, but I found a place that does on the Kindleboards. Right now it just works for Amazon and Kindle. It more or less monitors your wish list and works for other things besides books. I haven't tried it yet, so don't know how well it works.

Quote:
All you have to do is search for media you want Mysteria to watch out for. If you find something for her to watch, click on it. She’ll add it to your watch list, and she’ll send you an email the instant she finds it online in digital form. Signup is simple: you just enter your email address. There are no fees, no credit cards, no persnickety forms to fill out. Mysteria will only send you emails if she finds something — you’ll see how easy it is. And you can always opt out.

Mysteria’s website will show you your watch list, and you can add stuff to watch anytime, or delete things you’re no longer interested in.

Right now, Mysteria only monitors the Amazon.com store. But if she gets enough interest from you, she’ll start looking at other stores. So give Mysteria a whirl, see if you like this — it is a digital whirlwind, after all!
http://oscurapress.com/mysteria/docs/Mysteria.html
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #9
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I have found a free service called changedetection.com that will email me any time any website changes. So I use fantasticfiction to tell me what books an author has published, but will not email me and tell me when an author has published new work, so I am going to use changedetection.com to monitor the fantasticfiction site and let me know when there is a major change to the site, so together the two sites should be able to achieve my end of letting me know when one of my favorite authors publishes new work without my having to go to the site each day.

i think that birdbrainbb should consider adding changedetection.com to his/her method of keeping track of authors, simply substitute the blogs for fantasticfiction.
I like learning about what other stuff an author is doing, though, not just when a new book of theirs is published. Thanks, though!
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote