Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
maecolis
Morrie made me do it...
maecolis began at the beginning.

Device: I killed my Librie...
New from Toronto

Hi guys - I've finally decided to make a jump into the forums here at MR.

I used to own a Librie - until the screen met an unfortunate circumstance - it was horrible... Three kilos of groceries, one backpack, two rampant children, one slice of pizza and a public transit bus. I don't want to talk about it.

I love the smell, the feel and the weight of a good book - but I can't carry around 500 novels in my backpack without grevious physical injury...

Cheers fellas!
maecolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi maecolis and welcome to the Forum. Do you plan to get another eBook reader?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
maecolis
Morrie made me do it...
maecolis began at the beginning.

Device: I killed my Librie...
Thanks Cassidym-

I intend to get another reader as soon as I can... I'm driving my wife nuts about the issue. I bought a PRS-700 - and the thing was just evil compared to the Librie. Which was surprising. File transfer to the onboard memory was really slow and there was no contrast adjust. The LEDs were nice, but it felt like a toy so I returned it. It's strange, but my Librie seemed faster than the 700, and the thing was 4 years older. I would have expected technology to have gone a bit further in 4 years.

Just sent clarencestone a PM for his iliad v2. I'm looking around for something with better real estate and that won't break my bank.

Cheers!
maecolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by maecolis View Post
Hi guys - I've finally decided to make a jump into the forums here at MR.

I used to own a Librie - until the screen met an unfortunate circumstance - it was horrible... Three kilos of groceries, one backpack, two rampant children, one slice of pizza and a public transit bus. I don't want to talk about it.

I love the smell, the feel and the weight of a good book - but I can't carry around 500 novels in my backpack without grevious physical injury...

Cheers fellas!
Welcome to mobileread.

Please be sure and participate in our "what Country are you from" poll. Only 2 1/2 hrs left..........

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote