Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
ePub reader that gets along with Calibre Server?

Can anyone recommend a reader app for my new Motorola Triumph phone that handles ePub (converting my whole library would be a pain) and can load from Calibre's desktop server? Thanks!
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think Bluefire Reader can do it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Won't they all work (all that read ePub)? Send your books from Calibre to your Triumph's storage and open them from within the app, right?

Or do you want an app that Calibre recognizes and sends books to direct (never heard of such, but what do I know?)

Enjoy your new phone!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
@Filark, what I had in mind was similar to how Stanza can access the server via network and download my books.

@JSWolf, on loading Bluefire, I see no way to access my Calibre server from the app.

Last edited by Seanette; 02-26-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: adding comment
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #5
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Seanette, they almost all can do it if you talk about the calibre content server

I have tried a few of them and I particularly liked Mantano and Aldiko with a preference for Mantano. But you could just as well use fbreader.

You need to configure your reader to see your content server, it won't do it out of the blue. For that you need to use the opds feed.

For mantano, go to My Shops (or whatever it is called in english, sorry my interface is in french) then add a new catalogue with the adress of your content server.

I have posted some explanation here if you need them: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=11
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
scooterfrog
Enthusiast
scooterfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
moon + reader works perfectly
scooterfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
@Filark, what I had in mind was similar to how Stanza can access the server via network and download my books.

@JSWolf, on loading Bluefire, I see no way to access my Calibre server from the app.
Go to the Apple forum and read the Bluefire thread and it may say how to do this.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote