Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Collections seem to be a bit messed up for me now

I am using the beta 6.94
I used to just be able to send my books to Sony 600 with the template
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
and have author_sort collections only.
Pretty sure I could do this with the first beta or so
Now I am getting the collections for all the tags.
I customized the plugin and deleted tags and series from the box
Still I get the tag collections
And I do not get the author collections

When I look at device plugins I do not have a fileld to put in items to use for collections anymore.
Probably something stupid I have done but have been wracking my brains for a couple of days and can't seem to figure it out.

Any help appreciated
Helen
PS
I do not get any folders when I connect to a folder.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
When I look at device plugins I do not have a fileld to put in items to use for collections anymore.
Probably something stupid I have done but have been wracking my brains for a couple of days and can't seem to figure it out.
I hate to say it, but it works for me.

I see the collections customization box. Are you going to Preferences + Plugins + Device Plugins + Sony Device Interface?

I have a Sony 300. I went to the device plugin, changed the list of metadata fields to contain only author_sort, and added some books. The existing collections were not deleted, but the newly added books were added only to collections named by author_sort. Not tags, not series.

You might want to upgrade to 0.95. I don't see any changes in the sony driver in that release, but I have been wrong before.

Quote:
I do not get any folders when I connect to a folder.
When you connect to a folder, you get a list of books in that folder and all its subfolders. The folder structure is not displayed. Is this what you are referring to?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply
Probably time to back up my database and reinstall

In the connect to folder I should have said collections
I will reinstall and if this persists I will try and explain a little clearer
Helen
Old 05-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard

Hello again
I have uninstalled calibre and then installed 6.95, rebooting in between.
I probably should have uninstalled something else as all the defaults were the same.

The same problem persists
If I send to Sony Reader I get collections for all the tags and none for the author sort
If I send to folder (through the connect) I get no collections at all.

I did not try the send to folder until after the send to device for the Sony stopped working as it had been.
Quote:
I see the collections customization box. Are you going to Preferences + Plugins + Device Plugins + Sony Device Interface?
Yes I am. and I still do not have the collections customization box.
Just the one for the save template.
It confuses me as I had no problems just a few days ago.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard

It is all good now.
I uninstalled calibre and renamed the configuration directory so I got a new install
Collections customizations box was there.
I deleted series and tags and added author_sort.

I believe I had caused the problem to happen by deleting series,tags from collections list box and not putting in any collection criteria which caused the box to disappear.

Sorry for the bother
Regards
Helen
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
It is all good now.
I uninstalled calibre and renamed the configuration directory so I got a new install
Collections customizations box was there.
I deleted series and tags and added author_sort.
Good!

Quote:
I believe I had caused the problem to happen by deleting series,tags from collections list box and not putting in any collection criteria which caused the box to disappear.
I am not sure. In 0.6.94, the sony drivers were unified into a single driver and changed their name. It might be that the change disconnected the link between your installation and Calibre, causing it to use a generic driver instead of the sony driver. I will take a look at this.
Quote:
Sorry for the bother
Not a bother. If people don't point out problems, then problems are never fixed.

BTW: regarding collections on folders: they are not supported because there isn't a real device there to use them. At the moment, collections are supported only on Sonys. Kindle collections will arrive at some point, once the right people have the upgrade.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am not sure. In 0.6.94, the sony drivers were unified into a single driver and changed their name. It might be that the change disconnected the link between your installation and Calibre, causing it to use a generic driver instead of the sony driver.
The driver consolidation would have caused the settings associated with the 600 driver plugin to have been lost, but it wouldn't cause the use of a generic driver. So basically, users have to re-do any customized driver settings if they are using a 600, 700 or 900
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote