Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
CdnBookMom
CdnBookMom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo
PRS-T1 and linking to Adobe Digital Editions

I'm trying to link my mom's new Sony Ereader to Adobe Digital Editions on my computer (as I will be the one downloading the books for her). The wi-fi and Ereader set up is all completed... but I can't get ADE to recognize the new Ereader. I had no trouble adding my Sony (PRS-650) last year. Has anyone encountered this problem? Or am I missing something completely blatant?!! Thx!
CdnBookMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Adobe Digital Editions does not work with the PRS-T1

If you really want to use the T1 with DRM-compatible software on your PC, you will need to install Sony "Reader for PC".

I had the same problem a while back. I reacted like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
Apperently ADE is not compatible with the PRS-T1.

I had the same problem and I got so pi$$ed off at the DRM on my bought and payed for ebooks that I could have wished the publishers to rot in hell.

Instead I decided that that was the last straw and f*** them!

I simply removed the DRM, basta. Works like charm.

From now on I'm taking revenge for all the grief they've caused me with their DRM. If a book isn't availabe DRM free I'm gonna look for it in, let's call 'em "alternative", places on the net. THe sheer comprehensiveness of those alternative locations truly surprised me!

It's the publisher's own, stupid fault! They made me do it!

It's a shame for the authors too. If more people would put up a fight though, those dumb a** publishers would get rid of DRM in a jiffy.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
After several hours of trying to figure things out, my husband was able to log onto the sony store and register it there via the sony store, (i think you have to put the serial number in) and then get an account with the sony reader store, and then your adobe digital editions account and password (without desktop software). It took a while for me to figure out what to do first.

Once the sony store and ADE understood each other, my reader was considered "registered", and I was able to then get into my public library account.

I don't use the Sony Desktop software (I am a linux person), so after all that was said and done the only things I use are calibre for my sideloading purposes of my already existing collection, and the public library wirelessly for my borrowed books.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
I was just about to post a very similar message! I already had an Adobe DRE account, but couldn't seem to get library books (I'm in the UK) working with the Sony. I found a site online that explained what to do.

So, following those instructions, I attached my Sony to the PC and ran the 'Setup Reader for PC.exe' file in the Settings file on the Sony, then used that to take me to the Sony store, created an account, and logged in with the Adobe ID and password. I then checked the Sony - under System->Settings>About->Device information, it informed me that the device is now authorized. I then went to the library website, downloaded my 3 books, opened them with Adobe DRE, and then sent them to the Sony.

Two have worked without a hitch; the third (which has a much smaller file size than the other two, despite being a similar length) gives me the message 'Invalid Page!' when I try to open it, so I'm not sure what's going on there. There doesn't seem to be any problem when I open it on the PC.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
CdnBookMom
CdnBookMom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo
Thanks so much!!! I was thinking I was doing something wrong b/c I remember it being soooo easy for my older Sony ereader linking to Adobe Digital Editions. I prefer ADE over the Sony library... and I download my books mainly from Kobo still even though I sold my Kobo long ago.

I DID run the install reader to PC program... and opened an account at the Sony Store... but didn't know about using my Adobe account as a log in. Can I change that?!!

I guess Sony is trying to keep their system more exclusive with the newer models??!!
CdnBookMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I don't use my ADE account and password to log into the sony store. the two accounts are separate. I just had to make sure that ADE understood me as the owner of my T1 by registering my serial number at the sony store.

The only reason I bothered registering my T1 with ade was to be able to borrow library books (public library e-books). All other DRM material doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 12-30-2011 at 01:08 PM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
soxchk
soxchk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I cannot connect my PRS-T1 to my Adobe Digital Editions software, even though my computer is authorized as well as the Adobe Digital Editions software. I am sooo frustrated. I can download to my computer (library ebooks), but cannot then download to the e-reader. Help????
soxchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
T1 won't show up on ADE application. Install Sony Reader for PC and download your library ebooks using that application.

But if you prefer ADE over Sony Reader for PC, here's a work-around: If both your T1 and the ADE on PC are authorized with the same Adobe ID (the Sony ID doesn't matter), you can copy the .epub files in My Documents/My Digital Editions on your PC directly to the T1 via USB, and read them just fine.

Even if you don't remember entering Adobe ID on T1, try the above first anyway. Sometimes if your Reader for PC and ADE are on the same computer, and you synced T1 with Reader for PC, it seems to automatically link the Sony ID to the Adobe ID. If you can't read the epub book on T1, then try hard-resetting it, and go to Public Library on T1. You'll be asked to log in via Sony ID first, and then log in again with Adobe ID.

Hard-reset instruction: http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1024494
(Remember to back up all the data on T1 first, because it will be back to clean factory-reset condition.)

I'm just sharing a work-around that worked for me. I prefer ADE over Sony Reader for PC as well, so I sometimes use this method (i.e. manually side-loading ADE-downloaded epubs to T1) and it works for me.

Last edited by soseono; 02-10-2012 at 08:45 PM.
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:28 AM   #9
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I worked it out on my own as the T1 manual was useless in the UK as there is no Sony Reader Store. I installed ADE and the PC reader software that's on the T1 already made the ADE account then just authorised through Reader on the PC.

Took me two days before I even worked out I needed ADE. I suspect a lot of the readers are prob being returned in the UK because people don't have a clue.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
The manual is pretty rubbish. I'd never have managed it without the info online.

Re problems with books - I mentioned above I'd had a problem with one library book. Gave up on that one and redownloaded it, and everything was fine. So sometimes it seems that even having ADE, having the authorization, and having the acsm file just isn't enough, and re-downloading may be necessary.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote