Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Islander would you not vote off the island?
Gilligan 1 3.45%
Skipper 1 3.45%
Millionairre (Thurston Howell III) 2 6.90%
His Wife (Lovey) 1 3.45%
Movie Star (Ginger) 1 3.45%
Professor 9 31.03%
MaryAnn 10 34.48%
You float your own boat (blue fish, PORTUGAL, whatnot) 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
My bad, should have said "lost puppy"
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #17
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
All this reminds me of a not very good novel I read a few years ago called Gilligan's Wake. It was a stream-of-conciousness novel like Finnegan's Wake. It offers the back stories of the island's residents. The one that I remember most is Lovie Howell being a heroin addict and having an affair with Daisy Buchanon, and the skipper being a WWII PT boat captain and friends with JFK.

Last edited by BenG; 08-25-2009 at 11:53 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #18
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
My bad, should have said "lost puppy"
I really kind of liked "lot puppy." I plan to use it in my everyday speech. As in "wow, get a load of that one! sheʻs a lot puppy!"

not sure what Iʻll mean by it though...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #19
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
kind of like a skanky b*tch that hangs around junkyards?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I really kind of liked "lot puppy." I plan to use it in my everyday speech. As in "wow, get a load of that one! sheʻs a lot puppy!"

not sure what Iʻll mean by it though...
I'm just wondering about those donuts in the corner of your avatar. Is there something we should know about/between you and Uncle Duke?
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #21
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm just wondering about those donuts in the corner of your avatar. Is there something we should know about/between you and Uncle Duke?
Hmm. This is the second post in which you've obsessed about my donuts! How do I take that?

I have to admit, I was inspired by his donuts, but mine are KRISPYkreme donuts! I just couldn't make it work out so the KRISPY part was very visible. But I do so love glazed donuts. I just haven't had any for ages.

So, I was inspired by Uncle Duke, and that's as far as it's gone. But I did devote a "donut man" song to him in the MR member name thread thing. Is my new donut obsession showing?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Hmm. This is the second post in which you've obsessed about my donuts! How do I take that?

I have to admit, I was inspired by his donuts, but mine are KRISPYkreme donuts! I just couldn't make it work out so the KRISPY part was very visible. But I do so love glazed donuts. I just haven't had any for ages.

So, I was inspired by Uncle Duke, and that's as far as it's gone. But I did devote a "donut man" song to him in the MR member name thread thing. Is my new donut obsession showing?
We just like to dig up the dirt. We already have Harv and Vera, Hugo and Lefty, and one wag linked me with Lady Blue. Forum gossip you know.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
We just like to dig up the dirt. We already have Harv and Vera, Hugo and Lefty, and one wag linked me with Lady Blue. Forum gossip you know.
don't try to deny it, wood. we know you and the forum software are tight.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #24
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
don't try to deny it, wood. we know you and the forum software are tight.
No kidding!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:50 AM   #25
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
OH! Go ahead and gossip about me. I already started my own rumor about marrying vcat. It wasn't really intentional, but I can roll with the punches...
Old 08-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #26
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OH! Go ahead and gossip about me. I already started my own rumor about marrying vcat. It wasn't really intentional, but I can roll with the punches...
You married Vcat? I thought it was BOb. Okay, whatever. May you and the cat have a long, happy life together, GK.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*sigh* it was a beautiful ceremony. *snif* !
Old 08-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #28
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

I wonder what your children will look like?

Last edited by vivaldirules; 08-28-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #29
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I what what your children will look like?

that picture is so disturbing in so many different ways.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I what what your children will look like?

they're going to be adorable !