Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
original Kobo stuck in upgrade mode?

I just purchased the original Kobo (the one prior to the Kobo Wifi). I don't think it's firmware was ever updated.

I installed the Kobo desktop software for Mac and it synced the libraries (though nothing showed up, but I think that's because I haven't authorised the device with ADE yet). It also prompted me to update the firmware to v1.8. I followed the steps in doing so, right up to putting it in upgrade mode. When I held down the two buttons in question it did seem to enter upgrade mode (the screen blanked and the power light became red).

Either it didn't say what to do afterward, or I missed it saying what to do. It's now happily sitting in upgrade mode, but plugging it back in does nothing. Any thoughts on how I should proceed? Any help gratefully appreciated.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Update: I was able to get the e-reader out of upgrade mode using a pinhole reset. I called Kobo customer service and they suggested that I may need to upgrade to the latest firmware via an SD card. I also may need to update to newer firmware before I'm able to register the device with ADE. Does anyone have any suggestions to the contrary?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If you have source of update download udate zip file to computer. Unzip update to kobo then safe disconnect from computer. If you have it in correct folder it should up date. If not a pin reset should get it to update.

Threads how to do this were on this forum about a year or more ago.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have done updates this way from Windows and Linux operating system.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote