Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #31
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Didn't that particular model come out with PINK fluffy dice?
No, no, no. That was the 1950 Model!

Actually, the dice and the hula girl are a little ahead of their time for 1947, but I'm sure many a same year car sported either one in the 50's.

John
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #32
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
My first car was a 1951 Chevrolet Deluxe, and it indeed came with a pair of fuzzy dice, but they weren't pink.

Spoiler:
The car was a few years old when I bought it, so the dice may well have been aftermarket accessories installed by a previous owner.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #33
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I have a model of a very early glider from Germany for more than 30 years hanging from my various ceilings.
Last week I managed to rip the cord and have it shattered to bits and splinters (I never had the wings covered and the glue was a bit sensitive to light and humidity) but now already on a good way of repair.

troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #34
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My collection of vinyl jazz albums. I still sometimes get them out and play them when we have guests over.
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #35
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Illuminated Manuscripts. I don't own one yet, but I would cherish it if I did. Lol.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #36
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Illuminated Manuscripts. I don't own one yet, but I would cherish it if I did. Lol.
For now, why not settle for one of those fancy e-book covers with the built-in LED?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #37
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Richards View Post
My collection of vinyl jazz albums. I still sometimes get them out and play them when we have guests over.
I totally forgot about those. I have a mixed collection of vinyl albums, including the Beatles' White Album. It was sealed, but one night years ago, my son found the cabinet and was curious why it wasn't opened yet... So, he opened it. Instantly lost value, but I still kept it with a few others when we moved and occasionally play a few.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #38
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
I still have the teddy I got when I was 2yo and a drawing my Ma did for me and back then.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #39
Roger Parkinson
Zealot
Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
... or you could make your own. I did. So it isn't very old but it did take me more than 10 years to do it. Most of that time was spent not doing it, of course. I only finished it recently so it doesn't really count for this thread.
I put it in a video so others can take a look

My actual old thing is a fishing float Mrs and I found on a beach near where we both grew up (Opotiki, New Zealand). She wasn't Mrs then, we were just kids, but it was about the time the relationship became more serious. And we found this big glass fishing float wrapped in rotting netting and barnacles. We cut it free using scraps of shell, didn't have a knife, and it has been with us ever since, usually parked in a corner of the lounge floor. I stop noticing it for a while then I spot it again and remember that day.
Roger Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote