Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #61
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It is the Greek word for beautiful backside. Do an image search for the Venus Callipygous to see the possibilities.

Now you see why HarryT favours a classical education. It's not all Greek Tragedy.
Some of it is comedy & I don't mean Greek comedy!

P.S. We need to get Alex to add a "pronunciation" button for words like "Callipygous".
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #62
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
"Cali" like California. Pidge. Ous.

Don't forget Callimammapygous. I like it for the way it rolls off of the tongue, or the way it can be muttered under the breath when an example of the term strolls by:

call-i-MA-ma-PYG-ous...

Said with the same emphasis as the phrase "Holy Macaroni!"

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 08-18-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
"Cali" like California. Pidge. Ous.

Don't forget Callimammapygous. I like it for the way it rolls off of the tongue, or the way it can be muttered under the breath when an example of the term strolls by:

call-i-MA-ma-PYG-ous...

Said with the same emphasis as the phrase "Holy Macaroni!"
now i'm imagining taylor muttering "holy macaroni !" as hot girls walk past him. holy inoffensive swear words, batman !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #64
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you must imagine that scene, please imagine me muttering "callimammapygous". Then imagine the hot girl knows the word, or at least interprets it based on her knowledge of classical Greek literature, and is suitably impressed with me to stop and have a drink with me. Then imagine the hot girl is you. :emotifaction:
Old 08-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i must say this for you, no-one has ever tried to chat me up with the word "callimammapygous" before. :emotifaction yourself:
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #66
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Oh, I use vocabulary as a peacock uses plumage. I don't consider latinate flattery de trop, nor the term callimammapygous at all dithyrambic.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #67
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Oh, I use vocabulary as a peacock uses plumage. I don't consider latinate flattery de trop, nor the term callimammapygous at all dithyrambic.
what i admire the most about you though is your understated subtlety.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #68
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Taylor, are you left handed? You can PM answer to me if you wish. There is a reason I ask, somewhat of a pet theory of mine. Will explain via PM if you'd like to know.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #69
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

No, I'm not. I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #70
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Taylor, are you left handed? You can PM answer to me if you wish. There is a reason I ask, somewhat of a pet theory of mine. Will explain via PM if you'd like to know.
wait, i want to know ! pm me (or just tell us all here...).
Quote:
No, I'm not. I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
heh, you're not the only one...
Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #71
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'm ambidextrous. Not that anyone has asked. For example, I use the mouse with my left hand. I also belay (rock-climbing term) as a leftie. I usually write with my right hand, as I've had more practice with it and it's slightly neater, but when I was 15 I spent a year writing everything with my left, because I was bored in school.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #72
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

I have my own pet theory: cats are aliens.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #73
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I have my own pet theory: cats are aliens.
no-one's disputing *that* pet theory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I'm ambidextrous. Not that anyone has asked. For example, I use the mouse with my left hand. I also belay (rock-climbing term) as a leftie. I usually write with my right hand, as I've had more practice with it and it's slightly neater, but when I was 15 I spent a year writing everything with my left, because I was bored in school.
you better watch out neko, several people have been talking about giving up one of their arms to be ambidextrous, perhaps they intend to replace it with an arm that *is*.

(i made up a secret code when i was school so my friends and i could write each other notes that no-one would understand but us. to my intense disappointment, not a single one of the unworthy dogs ever tried to learn it. so i used it to write a journal instead, which is safe from all prying eyes.)
Old 08-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #74
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Hands off my arms!

Er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(i made up a secret code when i was school so my friends and i could write each other notes that no-one would understand but us. to my intense disappointment, not a single one of the unworthy dogs ever tried to learn it. so i used it to write a journal instead, which is safe from all prying eyes.)
I used one of Tolkein's invented writing systems to write cryptic notes to myself in the margins of homework assignments, etc. No one else seemed interested in trying to decipher it. Then my two best friends became an item and I suggested they could use it to write notes to each other, and they did. Never sent me any notes, though.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #75
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Hands off my arms!
Thank you for that. For some reason this reminded me that French people don't have toes, they have "foot fingers".

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness