Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
stevensavile
Enthusiast
stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.

Device: sony
For a Limited Time Only - The Last Angel 99c

Okay, mad spammers are us...

But if I don't talk about it, no one else will.

I've just taken the leap and uploaded one of my novels to the KINDLE for 99c. I've written for Stargate, Dr Who, Torchwood, Primeval and other tv shows, but this is the first time I've ebooked it for 99c. I'm hoping some guys will check The Last Angel out. Think Angel Heart meets Silence of the Lambs...

You can find out more about me here: http://www.stevensavile.com

And the book? Here:

Gabriel Rush takes a photograph of a beautiful sad-faced hooker in a down town bar and is stunned by what he sees when the picture is developed. At first he thinks it is a flaw in the photograph, but then he recognizes it for what it is, the mark of the Trinity Killer. It is the same mark that scars the faces of mutilated corpses that are turning up all over New York City.

Racing to warn the woman, Gabriel instead finds himself haunted by visions and fighting against time to save his future, the woman he loves, his friends, and - when the killer's identity is finally revealed - his own sanity.

Original reviews from the paperback edition:

Wayne Edwards,
Cemetery Dance Magazine

Steve Savile is a writer of diverse talent. His first novel
involves a serial killer - or at least what appears to be a serial
killer - dumping bodies all over New York. The curious thing is the
stylistic differences apparent in the killings. Serial killers
usually stick to a singular M.O., so what is going on here? The only
common thread tying all the murders together is the mark of the
trinity carved on all the victims. The action revolves around on
central character, Gabriel, but Savile draws his characters so
carefully that the story evolves into much more of an ensemble than a solo. Everybody matters here; there are no throwaway situations or contrived complications. And when the killer is finally revealed, the
truth is shocking, sacrilegious, and strangely satisfying. Steve
Savile's The Last Angel is a quick dark read of high order.
The book offers both surprising plot twists and engaging narrative
that propel you along to the bittersweet end."

I am really hoping some of you guys'll give it (and me) a chance... especially as I am in a bit of a debate with the guy doing the formatting/design who swears I shouldn't list it for less than 2.99... but I figure it's easier to convince three readers to try out a writer they've never heard of at under a buck than it is to convince one reader to gamble on a writer at three bucks...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Angel...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1
stevensavile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just bought it.

Thanks.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
stevensavile
Enthusiast
stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.stevensavile knows what's going on.

Device: sony
Cheers Don, hope you enjoy!

I believe the 99c price is only good for a month, by the way.
stevensavile is offline   Reply With Quote