Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Petition to Kobo Glo Technical Staff

Mods could this be made into a sticky?

This is a petition for people to sign demanding that Kobo implement explorer type folder support.

Explain if required we don't want to do labor intensive work spending hours and days organizing on their backward primitive bookshelfs system.

Explain to them if cheap Chinese touch screen MP5 players costing £10 can have explorer type folder support then their is no reason why they can't implement this.

Explain to them it will improve their bottom line as they can advertize the feature beating the Kindle,etc.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I would sign a petition stating that I don't care to have this and would rather that developers spend time on features I do care about about which I do care.

Last edited by nogle; 12-07-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Grammar fixed.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I second Nogle's motion.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Also; I hate to say issues like this are NOT due to the Technical Staff but more than likely to marketing...
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
+1 for nogle
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
This is a petition for people to sign demanding that Kobo implement explorer type folder support.
"...demanding"?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
I'm happy with the bookshelves. Would be better for Kobo to just remove bugs rather than implement more features.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Good luck with that whole "demanding" thing. You already "voted" with your wallet... or did you? No device...

Accept a little free advice. Grab Calibre if you don't already have it, and read the "A Quick Guide to Shelf Management with Calibre" sticky thread. You can set up both Series Shelves and easily implement Collections Shelves by simply editing the metadata for the myshelves field once per book in Calibre.

While I agree that having shelves based on the file structure isn't a terrible idea, it is limiting in that having a book appear on multiple shelves or multiple collections requires multiple copies of the book to be stored. Using Calibre allows you to maintain a device independent library organized as you'd like as long as the reader device supports some implementation for dealing with shelves. You can place the same book in multiple collections or shelves by separating them with a comma in that myshelves metadata field.

The file structure based method may be simpler, but it is less powerful.

Last edited by TechniSol; 12-07-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm with nogle and everyone else. While I wouldn't complain if the directory structure was browse-able, I wouldn't use it much. If Kobo want to give me more function, I want an author and series list. Next would be to use tags.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I want my Glo to be able to slice carrots at night in the dark.

Maybe Kobo can come out with a Swiss-Army eReader.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
With credit to JK Rowling, I'd suggest a reader that chooses its owner, not the other way round.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #12
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Murg,

The carrot slicer makes perfect sense, but if you have a Glo there's really no need to slice them in the dark... More importantly, why are you attempting to improve your night vision with carrots?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Good luck with that whole "demanding" thing. You already "voted" with your wallet... or did you? No device...

Accept a little free advice. Grab Calibre if you don't already have it, and read the "A Quick Guide to Shelf Management with Calibre" sticky thread. You can set up both Series Shelves and easily implement Collections Shelves by simply editing the metadata for the myshelves field once per book in Calibre.

While I agree that having shelves based on the file structure isn't a terrible idea, it is limiting in that having a book appear on multiple shelves or multiple collections requires multiple copies of the book to be stored. Using Calibre allows you to maintain a device independent library organized as you'd like as long as the reader device supports some implementation for dealing with shelves. You can place the same book in multiple collections or shelves by separating them with a comma in that myshelves metadata field.

The file structure based method may be simpler, but it is less powerful.
I don't want to use third party tools like calibre at all if possible.

i just to use my pc and organize into folders.i want particular types of books i go to that folder.all this stuff about imaginary shelves and using more software for organizing is censored.all that extra work for nothing.all that labor for nothing.time wasted.

it is censored that what could be done simply and easily they have gone by a devious and long winded route just to keep us busy for nothing.i

i will not buy kobo until i get folder support and they can take and shove it.

i mean even my vivacity phone has folder support and a DESIGNED DEDICATED BOOK READING DEVICE does not and wants us to faff around for ages organizing 1000's of books spending days and weeks.they can take it and shove it.i won't buy it until i get what i want.

Last edited by vugtitan; 12-08-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
i

will not buy kobo until i get folder support and they can take and shove it.

...they can take it and shove it.i won't buy it until i get what i want.
I wonder if the feeling is mutual...
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I want my Glo to be able to slice carrots at night in the dark.

Maybe Kobo can come out with a Swiss-Army eReader.
Something like that

Otherwise, I'm in line with nogle and David

François

Last edited by frankieGom; 12-08-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
explorer, folder support, fozzy bear, navigation, work