Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #16
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykoffee View Post
Can anyone explain 'scripts' to me? I'd love to get the DRM off my B&N books, just so that if I eventually get another device I can use them on it. However, I'm techno-ignorant so when people start saying things like scripts and python and whatnot I think it's out of my league.

Linda
I'll send you a PM.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #17
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
we can't talk about it in this forum. Try google .
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #18
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykoffee View Post
Can anyone explain 'scripts' to me?
The standard approach uses python scripts and the command window. If you are familiar with these then a Google search for ereader2html.py will find the Reversing Everything blog that should be all you need.

If you want something easier, then look for tools_v1.X (e.g. tools_v1.6) in the recent comments (there are now more than 1,190 comments) to the Darkreverser's weblog. You will still need Python, but these tools are "clickable" like most Windows apps. There is no README or help, but they really are almost self explanatory once you click on the right script. The tools bundle includes most of the circumvention tools you are ever likely to need.

Once the DRM (encryption) has been removed, use Calibre to shift to whatever ebook format you need.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
We don't talk about how to do this, however I will say that ereader2html.py is a very old and un-maintained script that can damage the converted ebook file (your original will still be fine.)
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #20
cubeball
cubeball began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
hi, did anyone download freebooks from B&N? Coz i downloaded stopping time part 1&2 it's oni about 20 over pages and i also downloaded the hands of the buddha also about 20 over pages. For the last book i'm sure it is oni the 1st chapter of the book and not the entire book. As for the 2 other books have yet to read them. So free books means oni 1 chapter of the book or is it a mistake by B&N??
cubeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #21
zorro18
zorro18 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
I'll send you a PM.

~eddie
hi, appreciate PM too
zorro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #22
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubeball View Post
hi, did anyone download freebooks from B&N? Coz i downloaded stopping time part 1&2 it's oni about 20 over pages and i also downloaded the hands of the buddha also about 20 over pages. For the last book i'm sure it is oni the 1st chapter of the book and not the entire book. As for the 2 other books have yet to read them. So free books means oni 1 chapter of the book or is it a mistake by B&N??
As I mentioned earlier, I downloaded "Flawless" and it was the entire book.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #23
Schmots
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubeball View Post
If the book is free, and you click "download free book" or "Buy Book" when its price is 0.00 its a whole book, if your just clicking on free sample, even on free books, thats only the first chapter or so.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #24
cubeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
If the book is free, and you click "download free book" or "Buy Book" when its price is 0.00 its a whole book, if your just clicking on free sample, even on free books, thats only the first chapter or so.

Yup i did click buy book, hm ..... guess i'll drop B&N an e-mail. Thanks Schmots
Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #25
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

The free (and we're talking not Google-supplied books, right) books I've got from B&N were complete books, not just a few chapters.

There was an author on this forum (sorry, bad memory) who made his SciFi novel available for free on B&N, even if you're not interested in SciFi you can try getting that one just as a test. And if you're interested in SciFi it's a pretty decent book.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #26
Schmots
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
The free (and we're talking not Google-supplied books, right) books I've got from B&N were complete books, not just a few chapters.

There was an author on this forum (sorry, bad memory) who made his SciFi novel available for free on B&N, even if you're not interested in SciFi you can try getting that one just as a test. And if you're interested in SciFi it's a pretty decent book.
A pretty decent book who's title and author you can't remember, how inspiring.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #27
cubeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post

Hi stangri, yup not google-supplied books. yup i downloaded 4 free e-books, i have 3 books tats only 20+ pages and the last one the whole book. so i was wondering, anyway i've send an e-mail to b&N to check. Am waiting for their reply
Old 03-31-2010, 05:51 AM   #28
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
A pretty decent book who's title and author you can't remember, how inspiring.
What can I say, some people are helpful but have very bad memory, some people like to be jerks and troll on forums. I know which one I am. Everybody now knows which one you are.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #29
Schmots
Connoisseur

Stangri - if you look at my posts, or could see my pms you would see I am helpful. My comment was more at the book, that it couldn't have been that good if you couldn't remember the the information, not at you, however interesting you took it that way.