Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
950 -- Need MAC address

There seems to be no way to find the MAC address of the 950 -- the system info does not list it, and it doesn't show up with an arp -a command on the Macintosh Terminal program. Does anyone know how to find this? I need to add it to my restricted list.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
talaivan, look in Settings > About on your 950. There you will find your Wi-fi MAC Address plus other good info about your ereader.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Thanks -- somehow I missed it. Much appreciated.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Verana
Verana began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Edition PRS-950
Thanks from me, too. Just what I was trying to find to get my newly unpacked 950 up and running!
Verana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Awesome. Welcome to MobileRead, Verana! Hope you enjoy your new 950. I love mine. Have fun getting it setup!
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #6
Verana
Verana began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Edition PRS-950
I am in love with the fact that I can double-tap a word to pop up the dictionary, but if that doesn't answer my question, one more tap on the appropriate icon (upper left corner of dictionary window) will take me straight to Wikipedia. It's been marvelous for looking up obscure 19th century references in Moby Dick.
Verana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I love the wikipedia integration too! It's great for expanding the reading experience to help visualize places or understand things better.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #8
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Device: PRS-950
The other option with wifi devices in general is to turn the restrict list off in your router settings, connect the device to your network then check the list of MAC addresses connected to your network on your computer.. the new MAC address you see there will be the device you just connected. I've found this useful many times when I've wanted to connect a new device and couldn't for the life of me find where the MAC was hidden in the device's menu.

Last edited by simulacrum; 12-20-2010 at 07:46 AM.
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote