Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Ejecting from tray-icon

I've got a little suggestion, just putting an "Eject device" shortcut in the right-click menu which comes from the tray icon from Calibre, along with "Restore", "Donate" and "Exit". I think it can be handy instead of having to come to the program itself.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I've got a little suggestion, just putting an "Eject device" shortcut in the right-click menu which comes from the tray icon from Calibre, along with "Restore", "Donate" and "Exit". I think it can be handy instead of having to come to the program itself.
There is a hidden eject Icon that appears if you hover over the Device Main Memory Icon in the top bar.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is a hidden eject Icon that appears if you hover over the Device Main Memory Icon in the top bar.
I know, and it's the one I use chiefly. However, most of the time I don't have Calibre in the foreground, but in the tray, and I like to have the chance to swap off the device with less steps.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I know, and it's the one I use chiefly. However, most of the time I don't have Calibre in the foreground, but in the tray, and I like to have the chance to swap off the device with less steps.
Ah!
What if there is a list of jobs (transfer) running? Would it not be safer to have it open and see the Job spinner befor pulling the plug
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ah!
What if there is a list of jobs (transfer) running? Would it not be safer to have it open and see the Job spinner befor pulling the plug
In the case that a list of jobs is running, the program should make the point that it's actually in the middle of a process, and warn you about it.
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Good Idea!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket requesting the feature, I'm traveling at the moment, so I'll lose track of the forum post.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote