Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Nook touch gesture idea for battery saving

Just to inject some idea about having Nook touch gestures during reading.

The purpose of this gesture is trying to minimize the need of LCD display; thus saving battery life.

When we are reading, now we can swipe left and right for page turning only. There are some cases where we need more functions and we have to activate the LCD display before we can do that. Here is my suggestion of some gestures:

1. press only the "n" area to display the LCD, leave the left and right of the "n" , and the LCD area for other gestures
2. tap left of "n" to move the hyperlink up, tap right of "n" to move to next hyperlink
3. double tap any touch area to confirm selection, like the "o" icon in LCD area

I prefer to have at least the above gestures which I use most when reading enews fetched by Calibre where there are many hyperlinks.

Some users may not like such gesture, so Nook should have some setting to enable or disable the additional gestures.

Not sure you guys have the same ideas or better ones.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote