Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
iPad mini retina delayed because hardware issues?

Just read this today ...

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...urn-in-issues-

I wonder how much of that is true ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't care about the bickering between Apple and Samsung.
Samsung's quality has been proven time and again. Apple should stick with Samsung for the hardware.
All we can do is hope these rumors are not true or that if they are, that Apple then gets back with Samsung immediately. I'd rather know my future Mini has Samsung hardware inside than Sharp's or whatever other company.

Last edited by Quexos; 11-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I don't care about the bickering between Apple and Samsung.
Samsung's quality has been proven time and again. Apple should stick with Samsung for the hardware.
All we can do is hope these rumors are not true or that if they are, that Apple then gets back with Samsung immediately. I'd rather know my future Mini has Samsung hardware inside than Sharp's or whatever other company.
I do not remember who the manufacturer for the iPad's air display is. But if it is Sharp, mine has shown no issues at all.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It is my understanding that this issue is with the Mini with Retina only. But this news worries me because I am not ready to pay top dollar (or Euro in my case) for a substandard screen should Apple allow the production to continue on the ground that this issue is not easily seen with the naked eye.
How do I know the model I end up purchasing was made by Samsung instead of Sharp or LG ?
That is not something anyone at the store could shed light on, not even the so called Apple Geniuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I do not remember who the manufacturer for the iPad's air display is. But if it is Sharp, mine has shown no issues at all.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
It is my understanding that this issue is with the Mini with Retina only. But this news worries me because I am not ready to pay top dollar (or Euro in my case) for a substandard screen should Apple allow the production to continue on the ground that this issue is not easily seen with the naked eye.
How do I know the model I end up purchasing was made by Samsung instead of Sharp or LG ?
That is not something anyone at the store could shed light on, not even the so called Apple Geniuses.
Well, thats's true. But I think that the thing that worries me much or, that should worried those who are planning to get one, is the chance of getting a defective unit. And that is in the case the issue was not fixed on some or there are some batches already shipped. But that is just mere especulation from my part.
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
The article says the problem is with yield quantities... Apple's testing is rejecting the screens BEFORE they are installed in iPads hence they are not making enough to meet demand not putting faulty screens in iPads!!!
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If you want a Mini Retina, order now.
It went live this AM:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...t-apple-store/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
It went live this AM:
Thanks! That was sooner than expected.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
It went live this AM:
I ordered a Tmobile one. If I like it, I'll sell both of the ones I have now. Otherwise, I will return or sell it.