Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
kerotan
kerotan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy Bricked Kindle Touch; Won't boot into diags/fastboot

I've bricked my KT and I've tried booting it into diags/fastboot, but it didn't work. I couldn't even get past the tree with the boy screen. Hard resets don't do any good either. It's just stuck there. What seems to be the problem?

kerotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Why to open a new thread while we have a dedicated sticky???

@geekmaster: I think it is better to add an expression like " Brick reports here" to the name of the sticky .
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Why to open a new thread while we have a dedicated sticky???

@geekmaster: I think it is better to add an expression like " Brick reports here" to the name of the sticky .
If we make the title 100 words long so it includes everything contained in the thread, nobody will read the title. People ALREADY start new threads for things that ARE in the title.

The OP needs to read the first post in the debricking sticky and read some of the linked pages.

What EVIDENCE does he have that fastboot is not working? What tools did he use? What did his log files show? What USB VID/PID?

His problem has been solved MANY TIMES in those threads. He just needs to follow the instructions provided, or one of the MANY examples in the "Success Reports".

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-19-2012 at 10:56 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerotan View Post
I've bricked my KT and I've tried booting it into diags/fastboot, but it didn't work. I couldn't even get past the tree with the boy screen. Hard resets don't do any good either. It's just stuck there. What seems to be the problem?

MfgTool will certainly get you into diags (unless it is corrupted, but that is unlikely). You just need to follow the instructions.

If you read the sticky, you will know that fastboot does NOT write to the display, so you will see the kindletree screen while you are IN fastboot mode.

What does "didn't work" mean? What were the symptoms? What is the USB VID/PID when you go to fastboot mode? How do you KNOW that fastboot mode did not work? Which fastboot tool did you use? What host OS did you use? These questions were asked many times in the sticky, yet you did not provide the answers that you would have known that we need.

It helps to do your homework before asking questions, and starting a new thread as you did instead of adding to the relevant thread indicates that you probably did not even attempt to read the thread or try to solve you problem by following the instructions provided there.

How can we even begin to help you if you have not read the debricking information that we have already provided?

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-19-2012 at 11:03 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote