Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
BrownSamurai
BrownSamurai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Parens after folder/file names

I use a single respository for multiple e-readers and when importing my .mobi files into Calibre it appends a numerica value after the title of the book. I've done a search here and through the Calibre website (including the manual) and I can't find out what that extra value inside the parens mean (I likely missed it, but thought I'd ask). Is there a way to disable that in the application (e-readers that don't use Caliber report the extra bits in the UI.

Thanks!
BrownSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you are seeing that, then you are looking inside the Calibre file structure that makes up part of the Calibre library/database. That is something that is strongly discouraged as it is only meant to be manipulated via the Calibre GUI? See this sticky for reasons why.

That number will not show up when you export a book from Calibre using the Save to Disk or the Send to Device commands.

Last edited by itimpi; 12-07-2011 at 06:15 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
BrownSamurai
BrownSamurai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks Itimpi - I saw that sticky when I signed up, but didn't know that was applying to this. Frame of reference I guess.

I really do appricate clearing that up and will leave things be.
BrownSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote