Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
teekay
Banned
teekay began at the beginning.

Device: KTouch
Kindle Touch Won't Boot

Hello all!

I hope you guys can forgive my ignorance. My issue is I have 2 Kindle Touch but one of them is not booting up. It got stuck in the loading screen and I have tried hard resets a hundred times. I tried both plugged to PC and unplugged. I am sure I did not drop it so there is no physical damage. My suspicion is the loader is corrupted.

Question 1: How would I clone the loader from my working Touch to the defective ones?
Question 2. Is there any software/tool I can use for this problem?

I hope my questions makes sense. I know everyone is looking at the Kindle Fire right now but any help would be greatly appreciated.

And thanks for any info you guys can share me.
teekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
teekay
Banned
teekay began at the beginning.

Device: KTouch
200+ views but no comments or response...
Not a helpful community.
teekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
whoever
Enthusiast
whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Windows XP
Press and hold the power on button until your finger cramp ... ...
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
What whoever means is that a kindle reboot requires holding the power switch in the on position for at least half a minute. Due to its size and position, this can indeed cause your finger to cramp. Perhaps the "hundreds" of resets that you say you did were done too quickly, without holding the power button long enough.

Also, for a reboot to be successful, the USB cable must be disconnected. You might need to release the power button and press it a second time to get the kindle to start up after the reset.

Be sure that the kindle battery is charged. Opening the kindle case with a knife can damage the display cable and make it appear frozen, when it is actually working. Has the case been opened?

If all else fails, call amazon for support. They are generally very helpful.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-10-2011 at 01:45 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote