Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
CammyB
CammyB began at the beginning.

Device: MobiPocket 6.0
A Horror Suggestion and Historical Fiction

Hiya,
Have you ever heard of Ryan Callaway? I saw an ad for Six Faces 2 "The Mark" online and ended up buying it through MobiPocket although I hadn't read the original. I'm planning to get the first one soon but haven't yet because the price runs pretty high on Amazon(there is no ebook, unfortunately). It is a typical rule that the original is always better, but it has to be damn good if that's the case with the Six Faces books.

Basically, in Six Faces 2, it starts with a bang as some older teenagers tamper with something they should have left alone. I was hooked after the very creepy opening chapter, and the story and characters kept my attention the rest of the novel. It takes place in a small town where several strangers are left with a mysterious "mark" somewhere on their flesh. Along with the mark comes demonic visions of another world, as well as a hunter abducting and killing some, and hauling others off to an even worse fate. Laura Leed is the heroine, who is quite normal and easy to relate to, and although the book has some really powerful scenes, what make it best is the personal view of the characters the author gives, as well as the creepy and somewhat depressing atmosphere maintained throughout. Yes, be warned, it is a little depressing! lol

The website I got it off is on tripod. I would definitely recommend it and perhaps the first one. (you don't really need it to understand)
CammyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
CammyB

Sorry about that - "The Invisible War" (Feudal Japanese Period)

Sorry, this was supposed to be with the other post!!!
I purchased two books somewhat recently from MobiPocket. The first was Six Faces 2, and the other was The Invisible War. I don't know the author for The Invisible War, and don't care, lol. It was an awesome book. It was basically about the Avenger of Blood (A Jewish line of warriors similar to the ninja) heading to Japan to defend the poor and hated villagers of Shimabara from the oppressive government. They arrive and end up in a head-on war with the Ninja, and the story centers around Mayah, the AOB, and Mayako, a female ninja with an attitude(What better)! Although their backgrounds are totally different and they begin as enemies, the unlikely alliance and friendship between the two made the story for me. It was a little shorter than I would have liked, but well worth the read, awesome action, and I am looking forward to the sequel.
Anyone else know anything about the Avenger of Blood? Never heard of it before reading this book's summary, lol.
Advert
Old 06-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
No problem, CammyB, that which was separated, can be merged. :smilie:

And welcome to MobileRead, BTW.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
CammyB

Thanks!!!

Hey, thanks! And I appreciate the welcome! What other types of readers are out there besides Mobi's stuff?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you asking about reading software, or reading devices?
Advert
Old 06-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
CammyB

Hmmm

Software, mainly. I think. I have a Mobi Reader 6.0, that's about it, lol.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Well, then, let's see. You've got e-Reader (for Palm), Microsoft Reader, FBReader, μBook ... um ... and about thirty-eleven others.

I'd suggest having a look at the Reading Software forum here, that'll give you a better overview than my spotty memory on the subject.