Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
ezy_ryder88
ezy_ryder88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Crack on my Kindle 3?

I've had my Kindle for about a month, and in the lower left corner near the screen there's always been a very small, almost unnoticable bump. I never paid much attention to it until last week. I made the mistake of putting it in my backpack while commuting to school, and the bump has turned into a small crack. It started at about half a centimetre, and it's grown to about a centimetre, slowly creeping towards the edge of the Kindle. It seems to have stopped expanding and in certain light, you can't even seen the crack.

Does anyone know any temporary fixes I can do to prevent it from getting worse? I'm trying to decide whether or not to send it in to get fixed. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson and invested in a case for my precious Kindle.
ezy_ryder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Don't try to fix as I don't think you can. I suggest you contact amazon for a replacement and buy a cover.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
ezy_ryder88

Just got off the phone with Amazon. Great customer service, they are sending me replacement right away. I've already ordered a case for the Kindle so this doesn't happen again.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
medievalpacman
medievalpacman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
If you were like me, putting kindle in your backpack is hella dangerous.

Not even a standard cover w/o light could protect it against hard books.

I would suggest putting your kindle w/ a cover or sleeve in the front pocket of your backpack
medievalpacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quite a few of us in the UK have had this crack, there was thread running on the UK Kindle board. All affected Kindles have been replaced. All the Kindles were kept in cases, most in Amazon cases. I think it's a manufacturing fault
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's too dainty and it's all plastic-y, and stuff.

Oops! I thought you were asking people to actually "crack" on your Kindle 3.

DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's too dainty and it's all plastic-y, and stuff.

Oops! I thought you were asking people to actually "crack" on your Kindle 3.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
ezy_ryder88

Just got my replacement. The screen has a bit more noticable ghosting - is that the term, but otherwise it doesn't have that weird bump and definitely no cracks.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezy_ryder88 View Post
Just got my replacement. The screen has a bit more noticable ghosting - is that the term, but otherwise it doesn't have that weird bump and definitely no cracks.
Give it the old "alt+g" to clear up the ghosting.