Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
zhtey03
zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zhtey03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
how to write an iBook review without using iTunes

Hello there,

I am on a dilemma right now on how can I write a review on an iPad book or iBook without downloading an iTunes. Is there any possible way? I hope you could help me as soon as possible. Thanks
zhtey03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hello, zhtey03, and welcome to MobileRead. I moved your post to the Apple Devices forum. Your chances of receiving a reply to your question will be better here.

There are workarounds. You could email the document from your iPad as an attachment, for example, or use an app like Evernote, but the easiest and only way I know to actually sync your iPad with your Mac or PC is iTunes. That's what I use, and I only only use it to sync items I want synced. Perhaps someone out there knows another way and will offer it as help for both of us.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-19-2013 at 12:00 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hello, zhtey03, and welcome to MobileRead. I moved your post to the Apple Devices forum. Your chances of receiving a reply to your question will be better here.

There are workarounds. You could email the document from your iPad as an attachment, for example, or use an app like Evernote, but the easiest and only way I know to actually sync your iPad with your Mac or PC is iTunes. That's what I use, and I only only use it to sync items I want synced. Perhaps someone out there knows another way and will offer it as help for both of us.
This discussion might better be titled how to milk a snake's venom without getting bit?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
This discussion might better be titled how to milk a snake's venom without getting bit?
Oh, FFS!! The OP asked a reasonable question, and has the right to a little bit of respect!
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhtey03 View Post
Hello there,

I am on a dilemma right now on how can I write a review on an iPad book or iBook without downloading an iTunes. Is there any possible way? I hope you could help me as soon as possible. Thanks
What is it about writing a review of an iBook book do you think requires iTunes? You can visit the store directly from the iBooks app and purchase and download the book. There are plenty of apps that can be used to generate the review. It is fairly easy to switch apps from iBooks to the app you are using to generate the review. You can email the results on upload to a cloud.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
aanaya
aanaya began at the beginning.

Device: none
how to write an iBook review without using iTunes

Sorry, but you probably can't. To the best of my knowledge, the only way to review anything in the iTunes Store is through iTunes.
aanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanaya View Post
Sorry, but you probably can't. To the best of my knowledge, the only way to review anything in the iTunes Store is through iTunes.
I review products directly on my iPad all the time. Unfortunately it won't let me do it from the apps I own screen so I have to look it up in the products.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Yes, you're supposed to be able to review apps (I've never tried to rate a book so I don't know) from the iPad, but often the screen just won't show up, so sometimes if I really want to post a review I have to go through iTunes. Also, you can't rate reviews as useful on the iPad, which I find extremely annoying.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote